Chapter 9

They headed back home after the incident. Jack was starting to have some suspicion about Druce's behavior. He knew Druce wasn't himself ever since they found the Grimore.

"Druce. You alright?" He asked while knocking on the bedroom door.

"I'm fine." Druce answered as he was focused on reading through the Grimore.

"May I come in? You haven't gotten your food yet." Jack asked.

"Yeah sure." Druce says as he puts the Grimore away in his nightstand.

Jack came in with a bag of burgers and fries and sat with him on his bed. He noticed Druce was acting strange. Druce started eating, as he turned on the TV to watch something good. Jack brushed it off, but started to feel strange as well in an evil way, but ignored it while he hung out with his little brother.

The next morning, the Goetia family were packing up and checking out of the hotel. Octavia wanted to stay just to hang with me, but Stolas told her that they needed to head home, but did promise that they would visit. I felt weird having attention from Octavia. Maybe it's because she never had friends before. I didn't mind of being a friend to her anyway.

Stolas paid Charlie heavily and Charlie smiled that it will help her hotel improve. Stella huffed as she got in their carriage. She gave me a scary stare and a "I got my eyes on you" gesture from her.

I hope it's the last time I see Stella because she is unpredictable, and a Karen to everyone in general. After they finally departed, We all headed back inside the hotel for the rest of the day.

Later on, Charlie, Vaggie, and Alastor were counting the profit that they earned for the week and thought about making some improvements to the hotel.

"We do need to do some repairs on the second and third floor, and renovate the rooftop." Charlie suggested.

"We can make the rooftop a nice place for a roof pool." Alastor suggested.

"It's too expensive besides repairs are needed for the hotel." Vaggie protests.

"Guests are complaining about the damages on the second and third floor." Charlie added.

"Then, the money will go to the repairs." Vaggie agreed.

"Ok. I'm going to check on Stan." Charlie says.

Meanwhile, I was playing a card game with Angel and Husk. We were just playing a simple poker game of five card draw games with poker chips.

Husk smirked and had a good hand. I thought he was bluffing and put a couple of red chips in the center of the table. Angel decided to do the same since he thinks his hand is fine.

Husk then showed his hand and had three kings and a pair of fives. Angel huffed in frustration as he only had a pair of tens and a pair of twos.

I showed my hand to them and Husk lost his smile when he noticed my hand was better than his. I had a straight flush.

Angel started laughing that I beat Husk in his own game while I took the winning pot.

"How did you?" Husk asked while confused.

"I don't know. I just got lucky." I said.

"Lucky? You had a straight flush. You beat a serious player like him." Angel says while laughing.

Husk reshuffles the cards and deals them out to us for another round. Just then Charle came to the table.

"Hey Stan. What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just playing a game." I answered.

"That's good. Hey um, are you hungry or anything?" She asked.

"No, I'm good." I answered while continuing to play.

Charlie nodded and went to the lobby to see if any guests were waiting to check in. There was no one there yet. Been a slow day. Nifty and Alastor started doing repairs and renovation to the hotel and Vaggie was doing daily things for the guests at the hotel.

As for me, I wanted to help out and Vaggie decided to assign me as a bellhop during the day. It was kinda fun since I earn like a few bucks out of it while carrying the luggage to the guests' room. Angel Dust was supervising me and helped out if there were too many bags to carry. And had to do something in the hotel since Vaggie got on his case.

I carried a couple of bags for a male hellhound. He wasn't really scary since he wasn't evil to me or anyone. He followed me to his room and I placed his bags in his room. He just gave me a couple of dollars while he gave Angel Dust only two quarters.

"You call this a tip?" Angel asked.

"Get your act together. This child did most of the work." The hellhound said as he closed the door.

He scoffed and we headed back to the lobby for any more guests to come in today. I sat on the couch of the lobby and counted what I earned during the day. Angel Dust lit a cigarette while sitting next to me.

I was quiet and looked at the front to see if anyone else was coming in. Vaggie then came in pissed at Angel for smoking in the hotel where he wasn't supposed to.

"What did I say about not smoking in the lobby?!" She asked as she made him put it out.

"For me to relax when I wasn't treated properly by the guests." He explains.

"Well maybe if you act of being responsible. You could gather some more respect from the guests."

She then looked at me and said, "Stan, there is dinner waiting for you in the dining hall."

I walked to the dining hall to grab a bite while Angel did the bellhop service himself for the rest of the evening. Charlie made some food for me. It was some steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, and some green beans on the side.

———————————

———————————

I started eating, and it was really good since I hadn't had steak in a while. Charlie smiled as she sat across from me.

Meanwhile, in the living realm.

My mother Audrey fell into a horrible depression since it's been almost a week since I was trapped in hell, and they thought I went missing. She didn't want to leave the bedroom ,and tried to starve herself since her depression made her doubt that I'll never be found.

My father Rox did his best to keep Audrey from losing hope from finding me. The police of the city were on full lookout. Carmelita and Neyla took the missing case personally since I was only a child that could be in danger and wanted to make sure that I'll be home safe.

Nika did give some information that could help them with the case. She did tell them about my bullies Druce and Jack that could have had something to do with my disappearance. Carmelita had no doubt about them and put them as possible suspects of my disappearance since they had criminal records.