"Do you need me to twist his balls?" Danielle slings her bag over her shoulder.

"What?" I throw my tray in the garbage.

"Pig Pen's been staring at you the whole period." She nods her head and I see Clark look away from me as he stands on the lunch line.

"Sounds like a him problem." I roll up my hoodie sleeves and take out my wallet.

"For someone who claims to have the highest GPA in school, you can be a real stupid ass."

"Kent's not in love with me." I put money in the machine. "That'll be the day."

"I'll start counting as of now."

"Ha ha."

"What'd he do? Seriously. Cause all I see when I look at him is a mild mannered corn boy. Too nice too. I forgot my lunch money yesterday and he insisted on buying. Girl, I only caved in cause I started to feel bad. He was one forehead vein away from poppin'."

"That's not being too much. He always does things like that. That's what makes Kent...Kent." I grab my juice from vending machine.

"Well, if you two are so tight, then why you giving him the cold shoulder?"

"I'm not. A lot happened before you came here and I just need to work on myself right now. I need to breathe, you know? I don't wanna deal with any more meteor infected people for the next few days. Maybe even the next few weeks."

"Yeah, I hear you. Even since that Perry guy, I'm still trying to convince myself that this town isn't whacked."

"Never said it wasn't. I said it was small." I sip my juice and she punches my chest. "Ow. Hey."

"Better get back to squaring, Bri."

"Take your own advice, Big Shot."

"Yes, that's my name. Don't wear it out." She winks before leaving and I roll my eyes.

   ──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"What happened to this guy, this drifter?" I question as we sit at the table in Clark's house.

"They never caught him. Dexter said that people assumed that he made the story up so that he could cover his tracks." Miles informs.

"But you believe him." Clark inquires.

"Well, why would he lie to me? It's not like he's gonna get the last forty years of his life back."

"Miles, convicted murderers spend half their day trying to convince people they're innocent."

"Like Danielle?" I turn my head.

"I didn't mean-"

"Clark, that drawing looks exactly like you. And you look just like Louise, B." Miles cuts him off. "So unless Dexter could've predicted the future, there's...there's a pretty good chance that drifter was real. It could've been your grandfather. Even your father."

"That's impossible." Clark tells him.

"Why? You must've come from somewhere. It's not like you just fell out of the sky." He goes on and I give him a what the hell are you doing look before noticing a medallion around the drifter's neck.

It has a Kryptonian symbol on it. My eyes now land on the kitchen floor before I start to stare at it.

"B?"

"She's dying. The poison is spreading so fast." Martha inquires.

"Okay, Brianna, I'm gonna...I'm gonna get it out." Jonathan sticks the tip of the knife into my wound.