027 | rogue one?

xvii

xvii. your hand was the one I reached for all throughout the great war

HARLOW SAT WITH THE CREW AS they approached Scarif and she was horrified by the eerie silence of a group of people who knew they may never be coming home.

She had the same sinking feeling in her chest that something could go horribly wrong but she, like she always had, pushed it down and focused on what she could control.

Last night, she had said her goodbyes and held Cassian all night long, ready for the mission ahead of them.

When she watched the ship go through the ion gate that shielded the imperial Region from view, she knew they had managed to get in and decided to climb up to see the others in the large cockpit.

When she got up, she was greeted by Jyn, Bodhi and K2 who watched the sky. Cassian reached over, grabbing her hand and pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

She knew he was worried about this because the only time he ever had any physical displays of affection was when he was worried - a trait she had picked up early into their friendship.

"Main building down there what is it?" Cassian questioned as he leaned forward, hand still interlocked with Harlows.

"They keep all the Imperial structural archives up there. If the plans are anywhere there will be there," Bodhi explained, pointing at the large tower.

"That at the top, what's it for?" Harlow questioned, brows furrowed as she looked at the large satellite dish.

"It's a lot of signals and there's data files out," he explained and she nodded her head.

She leant over to Cassian, whispering in his ear, "The crew are nervous, I'm going to tell them we're nearly there," she said, smiling as she walked down the ladder.

Harlow knew she had never been great with large crowds even though Cassian always convinced her to give the pep talk and she felt awful leading these people to their deaths.

"We're landing soon, so be ready for what's going to come," Harlow said, standing in front of the group.

She took a deep breath, watching as Cassian and Jyn climbed down the ladders to come see the crew.

"When I was a little girl, my father used to say that one fighter with a sharp stick and nothing left to lose can take the day," She said, a sad smile on her face, "We're going to do this, I know we can,"

She looked back at Jyn and Cassian and Jyn stepped forward, "They have no idea we are coming, there's no reason to expect us. We will take the next chance and the next on and on until we win," she stated.