005 | the axe forgets

v

v. I don't start shit but I can
tell you how it ends,

IT WAS FINALLY THE DAY TO LEAVE and go on the mission and Harlow wasnt ready, she never would be ready but she had decided that she had to be.

She walked along the mountainside, remembering the Bonfire last night as she walked away from the last five months spent with her best friend in Aldhani.

They were going to make it out alive and that wasnt a doubt, she had planned this perfectly and if they stayed on time it should work out.

Vel walked in the back with Cassian, questioning him about the mission when he asked her about the

"What's an imperial Lieutenant getting involved on this?" Cassian asked, breaking the silence between him and Vel.

"What difference does it make?" Vel questioned, now understanding why Harlow always said that he asked too many questions.

"Everyone else seems to know," he said and she sighed, looking over at the group before quieting her voice.

"He fell in love with a local woman and they killed her, he lost his taste for the empire," She explained, looking over at Cassian, "Everyone had their own start to a rebellion,"

"And Harlow and Cinta," he asked and Vel shook her head.

She knew what he meant, a man doesn't just look at a woman in that way if he didn't have some sort of feelings towards her.

"Don't get too attached. Me, Cinta, Harlow and Nemik are heading back to Coruscant as soon as this is over," she said, looking away from him.

"I'm just curious," he said, stuttering over the first few words slightly.

"You're not thinking with your head," she said, practically spitting the words at him.

"Who are they?" He asked, his voice more forceful this time.

Vel sighed, "Their parents and village were killed by stomtroopers and they moved in with a rich family on corudcant," she explained.

Cassian nodded his head slightly, now it made sense as to why she hated the empire so much, why she had gotten angry at luthen when he mentioned his dead father.

They walked for around another hour before Vel called a break, the group stopping in a clearing.

She stood with Taramyn, the two talking about the mission when she heard Vel let out an angry noise.

Harlow turned around to see Skeen holding his knife to Cassians throat, her eyes going wide as she watched the scene unfold.

"Don't move, cause you know what'll happen," Skeen said, focusing all og his attention on Cassian.