007 | the eye

vi

vi. and the walls come tumbling
down in the city that we love

THEY OPENED THE VAULT, THE Commondant still trying to persuade them that they're wrong.

"I can't unlock the trays, it takes a signal from Alkenzi," he explained, bartering for his life.

Skeen smirked, running over and pressing the bombs against the vault openings. "Fire in the hole!" He called out.

She covered her ears as they went off and the locks came loose, the group cheering over their victory but it was overshadowed by the need to work; they were already behind.

Harlow spent her time stood by the train, hauling the trolleys of payroll up onto the ship as the men went back to work.

"Almost done! Everyone can go home!" Taramyn said when they started ro slow down, yelling at them to keep moving.

Gorn started walking down the steps and she looked up at him, "What are you doing? You should be leaving!"

"We've got two minutes," Harlow called out.

He shook his head, looking around, "We need to be locking up," He said, clapping his hands as the men stood up.

The commandant shook his head in disgust, "You'll hang for this," he said, his chest heaving from overexertion

"Severn years working for you, I deserve worse than that," he said before walking off, "We ready?"

"Yeah, let's go," Vel said as she helped Harlow pull up the last of the cases.

They were getting the last cases on when they heard footsteps, one of the guards walking towards the steps at the top of the room.

"What's going on here?" He asked, looking around confused with a few men behind him for back up.

"You're off your post corporal," Gorn said, shaking his head, "This is a classified mission and you're not supposed to be here,"

"Commondant?" The guard asked, looking at the man who was heaving over

"Tell him he needs to leave," Gorn said to the commondant.

"He's having a heart attack Gorn!" Harlow said when she saw one hand reach for his heart, the other for his arm.

He fell to the floor and the shooting match started, shots being fired from ever angle.

Cassian grabbed Harlows wrist, narrowly pulling her from the line of fire as the two hunched behind a large case.

"I can handle myself!" She yelled out over the gunfire, turning around to shoot at the man behind them.

"He was going to shoot you," Cassian exclaimed, not understanding her unappreciative.