018 | the rebel council

xviii

xviii. if we make it through
december then we'll be fine

THEY GOT OFF OF THE SHIP, MELSHI and another member of the resistance holding Jyn by her arms, "Take her to the council room, I'll be there in a second," Harlow said.

They muttered a yes ma'am before taking her towards the room. She looked around, quickly finding Cassian standind alone.

She didn't receive the same heroes welcome back from a mission due to its secrecy but as she walked over to him, she knew that this was all that she would ever need.

He grabbed her hand, pulling it up to her lips and kissing her knuckles, hearing her wince. With worried eyes, he looked down and noticed the bruiss on them.

"She didn't go quietly?" He questioned and she chuckled, pulling her hand back.

"Not really," she joked, hand reaching up to grab the collar of his jacket, "You miss me?"

He chuckled, a small blush evident on his cheeks, "Always," he said, a smile on his face.

She pulled him towards her, one hand on his collar still and the other on the back of his head as she kissed him deeply, holding him close.

"Mon will be mad if we're late," he whispered against her lips, eyelashes fluttering against her cheeks as he pulled away slightly.

"I don't care," she said, kissing him again, not ready to let go of him late, "She needs us, she can wait,"

Cassian knew that in that moment as she kissed him again whilst the world prepared to implode around them that he loved her with all of his heart, that he couldn't get rid of her.

He chuckled, a hand on her shoulder as he pulled away, "We have to go, seriously," he said.

She groaned, through her head back in frustration before shaking her head, "Lets not leave the senator waiting then," she reached down, grabbing his hand.

☆☆☆

HARLOW SAT IN THE COUNCIL ROOM. The important members and leaders of rhe Council had been called to talk to Jyn Erso about the sensitive information.

Only the people in the room knew about the new super weapon that was being built and they intended to keep it that way. They knew that if too many people found out about it then there would be mass panic.

Draven stood at the head of the table, hands on it as he leant over - he was clearly trying to intimidate her.

"You're currently calling yourself Liana Hallik, is that correct?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

She sat there, stoic and emotionless as she tried to not let any information slip as she knew she didnt need to say anything.

Harlow was impressed. If she was in the same  situation and had just been kidnapped by a group of people who knew her real identity, then she wouldn't let any information out either.