006 | mission time

vi

vi. one chance in a lifetime yes
I will take it, it can't go wrong

NEMIK ZIPPED HARLOW INTO THE wetsuit, the two of them silent as she prepared to leave him.

She turned around, allowing him to push her hair back as he smiled at her, "You've always been my best friend you know that,"

Harlow let out a shaky sigh, "Nemik," she said, her voice quiet.

"No, just let me speak," he said, saying it quickly, "You're my best friend and we're going to make it out and we will change the world,"

"I was thinking we could leave coruscant together, forever," she suggested, a sad smile on her face, "We could run away to the rebellion and we wouldn't have to worry ever again,"

"Yeah, that sounds perfect Low," he said, brushing her hair behind her ear, "Did you get much sleep?"

"More than you did, did you even sleep at all?" She questioned, ignoring the fact that she had to go in a minute.

He chuckled, "A little bit, I sort of just watched you most of the night," he stated.

"That's creepy to some people Nemik," Harlow said sarcastically, relishing in the moment to just have fun with her friend and not worry too much about the world.

"It's not creepy to you, you find it comforting," he said.

"Touché," she said with a laugh, not knowing what else to say. 

"And if I told you Clem was watching us, would you feel creeped out?" He asked, his eyebrow cocked suggestively and she hit him on the shoulder.

"You're an ass Nemik, you are an awful human being," she said, shaking her head with a smile.

Vel and cinta call out to her, saying they had to leave, "I've got to go," she said.

"Don't go," Nemik pleaded, he had just enjoyed what might be his last sunset with his best friend, he didn't want to leave now.

"I've got to go," she repeated, her voice firm but wavering.

She pulled him into a hug, holding him tight against her like she wasn't going to let go and he held her in the same way.

"I'm coming back, we're both coming back," she muttered into his shoulder, trying not to get too emotional.

"I never doubted you," he said, pressing a kiss to her forehead before pushing her away, "

She pulled away, walking slightly before she heard him call out her name and she turned back, looking at his sad smile.

"I'm going to be worried about you all the time," he said, shaking his head as he tried to keep the tears in.

"Don't be, I'll be here when you get back," she said, running off and not looking back.

☆☆☆