Epilogue

xxx

xxx. in my dreams, its all real,
and my heart has so much to reveal

HARLOW LOOKED IN THE MIRROR AS she finished her makeup, a hand reaching for the necklaces on the table.

She had stacks of them now. So many memories that needed to be remembered, so many tragedies that needed to be told.

One from her parents, one from Nemik, one from marrying Cassian, one from surviving Scarif, one from the end of the war and one for their son.

When the war had ended and they were both free to do whatever they wanted, so they moved to Coruscant, to a nice apartment.

She had gotten a job as one of the coruscnt senators, she specialised in the outer rim and improving their conditions - just like Nemik would have wanted.

Cassian was working at a school, teaching the soldiers to fight and how to look after themselves because even though the war was won, there were still imperialists everywhere.

After they were married officially and had settled in, Cassian had been the one to convince her to have a child.

He had always wanted a family and she was scared but the second that she held him in her arms, she knew that there was no need to be scared anymore.

They had named him Jyron Karis Andor, after his birth father, Jyn, and her best friend. He was a small child, with his father's face and his mother's spirit.

At only six months old, the two shared turns in looking after him while the other was at work but they both cherished the time they spent with each other. 

She finished her look, pulling her coat on over herself to get ready to leave and she left their bedroom, ready to find Cassian.

She looked at a collage of pictures of their little family on the main wall as she walked back, a smile on her face as she was reminded of everythinf they had won.

It was nice to be a normal family for once seeing as they both grew up in turmoil. Jyron was going to have everything they never had.

Harlow walked through the halls when she heard a noise in Jyrons room. She would always be paranoid after everything she's been through, alway worried, always vigilant.

With a hand on her knife which was always concealed in her senators outfit, she approached the room. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw that it was just Cassian hovering over the baby, a smile on his face.

She leant against the doorframe, his back turned to her as he reached a hand into the bassinet.

He whispered something in his native language before shaking his head, lifting him out and placing him in his arms, bouncing him up and down slightly.

"Don't you cry, nothing gonna hurt you here," he said, voice quiet as he probably believed Harlow to still be asleep, "Daddy's always gonna protect you, always,"