009 | announcement

ix

ix. and sooner or later its over, and
I don't want to miss you tonight

AFTER HE HAD TOLD HER THEY were going to hide on his home planet for a while, she didn't know what to think.

But they landed and snuck around alleyways and rooftops and walls, Cassian leading the way until they got to a house.

He tried to open the door but it wad locked and he sighed, knocking in the door as he waited.

The door opened and an older woman called his name before pulling him in for a hug. When she looked over his shoulder, she noticed the random girl behind him.

"Who's she?" The older woman said as she looked at Harlow, trying to decipher who she was.

"I'm sorry for bothering you here Mrs Andor," Harlow said, not knowing what else to say to the woman who was letting them into their home.

"Since when do we lock the door?" Cassian asked, ignoring Maarvas questions.

"Sicne when did you bring beautiful women home with you?" she questioned, raising her eyebrows ar Cassian, "She's not pregnant is she? Or a fugitive,"

"She's neither, Ma, this is Harlow Kaz, she saved my life more than once," he said, looking at the two of them, "Harlow, this is my mother, Maarva,"

"It's lovely to meet you dear, thank you so much for looking after him. Come, come, I'll make some tea," she said, walking over with her walking stuck.

Harlow followed after her, she looked nothing like Cassian but the two had the same spirit bit opposite types of hospitality.

"I'm sorry Cass, but you can't stay here. It's not safe, there's triopers now,"

"Cass?" Harlow questioned teasingly before rushing over to the side, "Please dont worry about this, I can do it, just to say thank you for letting us stay,"

"She's a wonderful woman," Maarva said, looking over at her son, "Thank you dear,"

She had never seen Cassian bring home a woman quite like Harlow. The two seemed so comfortable together and she assumed they'd only known each other a few days.

"The troopers got here fast," Cassian stated ignoring the insinuation of his mother.

"They came the next day, kicked out pre-mor, took over the hotel. Ferrix is under imperial authorities," she explained, clearly disgusted by it.

Harlow stood in the small kitchen, listening to the conversation. She stood there, boiling the tea and getting it all ready like she'd been living here forever.

"You shouldn't be here, and you're not just endangering yourself but that pretty friend of yours," Maarva said, looking towards the small kitchen.

"Maarva," Cassian reprimanded, trying to hide the slight blush on his cheeks.