72. intermission; flower 🪙

I don't get nervous about a lot of things. it's something that doesn't happen. I'm confident and cocky but never nervous.

Until now.

Stefan laughs at me.

I throw my tie on the floor, "It's not funny man." I clear my throat, "Help me out. You're supposed to be my best man."

My hands keep shaking, and i'm sweating. Why am I sweating? I know she's going to say yes.

He stands up, picking my tie off the floor and standing in front of me. "What are you so nervous about, Ciro?"

"She makes me nervous." I look at him, "All of her family is here."

We decided to go with the Egyptian wedding first. I haven't seen her at all for the past 3 days because that's her families tradition. Bride and Groom don't contact for three days.

I haven't seen her dress, or makeup, or hair, or mom, or brother, or shoes- anything. I haven't seen her.

I'm going to meet her grandpa after this, her extended family. I'm shit scared.

I take a breath, "Have you seen her?"

"No, but Com and I were with each other last night. She is okay."

"Good." I straighten my tie out, "Has the venue filled up yet?"

"Been filled up for ages. Never realised how many family members she had. Quite a bit of Reign men are here as well."

"Yeah, I invited all of them." I shake my hands out, "Is Roman here?"

"Yes, he's up at the front with Luca and Asher."

"Arabella?"

"No but Keilani is live streaming it, she's watching from home."

"Kairi and Athena are here?" I know Athena is a bridesmaid.

"Yup." He grabs my face, "You got this."

I nod my head, picking up the scotch glass and downing it all, then popping a mint in my mouth.

Juniper walks into the room, a silver lehenga on. "You ready?"

I nod my head.

She leads me around the building and I can hear faint music playing from Keilani's room. It took everything in me to not open that door and look at her.

I enter the main hall through the back, which was my preference. My two brothers sat in the front row beside Roman, Carlo and Enzo wave. I shoot them a smile and carry on walking.

Juniper takes the seat at the front row and for a second I was confused. I thought she was going to be the one walking her down the aisle.

Keilanis family tradition is a little stranger than most traditions. There is no one to marry us. Like, when we go to Italy, a Priest is going to name us officially married.

Keilani's tradition is different. Her grandfather will declare us husband and wife, there's no first dance until after the ceremony. We will sit on the golden chair and get gifts, presents, take pictures, all with her mother and grandfather. It's initially supposed to be the bride and grooms mother and father, but my parents are dead, and Declan can rot in hell, so we've changed the tradition a little.

Then, I will go off with all the men in the room and there will be a separate party for just the men. We will eat alone in there, Keilani will do the same with all the females.

After that, it's close family and friends only. They will witness the first dance and the kiss.

Keilani told me this has happened for ages in her family, then said she couldn't be happier that she was continuing the tradition with me.