44. stitches 🌹

STITCHES
-no one's ever left me quite this sore-

"You cheated on him?" Comet frowns, "Keilani?"

I glance at Kelab. He was the first one to arrive here, i told him everything and he said he'll help me cover but doing that means Comet is going to get hurt.

If i tell Comet, Comet is going to tell momma and momma wil tell Ciro the truth. And i don't need to put him through anymore pain. Having his neck sliced was me drawing the line.

I can't let anything else happen to him.

"And why are you involved all of sudden?" Comet looks at Kaleb. "You now have a black eye and a busted lip..."

"Comet, just leave it." I finish stitching my dress. My hands won't stop shaking.

"No. He just called you a slut and you're letting it slide-

"Comet, stop." I shout. "Just fucking stop. I can't concentrate."

He shakes his head, leaning back.

We're twins, i could see the clocks ticking in his brain. I see him tense up and he looks at Kaleb, "Did you fuck my sister, dude?"

I know Kaleb ended things with Comet last week but i know my brother is still going to be hurt.

Kaleb looks down.

Comet stands up, "Really, Kay? My ex?" He scoffs, "Seriously?"

"I didn't mean it." I put the needle down.

He scoffs, "I'm going home."

I don't go after him.

Kaleb struggled to keep himself seated.

Comet leaves the hotel room and i shake my head, "I don't know why i'm letting him control me for? I don't take shit from no one."

"Because you're trying to protect the guy you love." Kaleb explains, "Com will understand when you've sorted everything out, so will Ciro."

"I don't think Ciro will." I wipe my cheeks. "He's pissed."

Kaleb grabs my shaky hand, "If he feels the same way about you that you do him, he will understand. Right now, we need to get this under control."

I nod my head, and he takes the needle off me and finishes stitching my dress.

I do my next mission, killing one of the French ambassadors and it's midnight when i return.

I head straight into my room, showering and wiping the blood off my hands— literally.

I change into my sweatpants and sports bra, sitting on my bed while i call mom. "Keilani, Tell me you didn't sleep with Kaleb."

"I didn't mean to." I clear my throat. "Is Com real mad?"

"Rightfully so. I'm busy." She hangs up.

My mother has never hung up on me like that.

She's angry at me too.

I can't be mad. I need to let them hate me until i find out who my stalker is.

I haven't received any new messages or signs since the accident with Ciro.

I check the CCTV footage at my place and everything was clean, the way i left it.

Then the door to my hotel room opens and no other than a drunk Ciro stumbles in.

I stare at him, the mess of his hair, the alcohol down his suit. "Hello, whore." He slams the door. "I have some questions." His words slur.