39 - For Army

Jungkook's P.O.V.

Everyone on board were fast asleep, especially the guys, but for some reason I couldn't. My mind keeps wandering back to the past without warning. The last time that I was on my way to Los Angeles, I was with Ally.

At that time, my heart would race whenever I saw her and didn't know why. She made me nervous, but I was always happy to see her. That day when I found out that she was sitting next to me on the flight to Los Angeles, I was actually happy, despite how nervous I was. It was then when I realized how pretty she really was and that made me even more nervous.

Sitting on this plane made me hate life even more than I already do. These past months have been nothing but hatred and pain. If I would've known that someone had the ability to destroy me this bad, would I have still have loved them?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Yoongi's P.O.V.

Taking a seat on the floor, I take a drink of some water as I rest for a bit. Today, we were at the stadium for soundcheck since tomorrow was officially the day of the concert. Everyone was excited and anxious at the same time.

So far, through out soundcheck, I couldn't help but notice Jimin; he's been catching my attention a lot today. He seemed off in a way, almost as if he was distracted by something. During rehearsals, he kept looking at his phone.

He's probably just nervous or something.

Shaking him out of my mind, I knew that it wasn't my problem and had other important things to focus on.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"1, 2, 3...Army!"

I take a big sip of my beer after our toast. Since tomorrow would be out first concert with a live audience in almost 2 years, we decided to go out for drinks and celebrate.

"I can't believe tomorrow is finally the day!" - Jin

"We're finally going to see Army after a long time!" - Hoseok

"Tomorrow is going to be the best day of our lives. I just know it!" - Tae

"I'm so nervous and excited, but what if I miss up tomorrow or something?" - Jungkook

"Jungkook-ssi, stop worrying so much, you'll do fine. Even if you did, at least army will post it on tiktok and make fun of you." - Namjoon

We all laugh at Namjoon's reply since we all knew that it was true. Somehow, we can never escape from our fandom, even in the most embarrassing moments.

"Ya, Taehyung, are you still going to wear that squid game costume?" - Jimin

"Of course, it's the only way how I'll make everyone go crazy."

I smile and shake my head at how shameless, but correct he is.

We all eat and talk for a while more as we continue to enjoy the moment and think about everything that will happen tomorrow. We were about to call it night and head to out hotel until Namjoon stood up with his glass of beer in his hand.

"Before we go and rest up, I want to say a few words in honor for tomorrow."

Sitting in our seats, we all look at him and attentively listen to what he has to say.

"First off, I'm glad that I get to perform at another concert with you guys, especially after all this chaos that has been happening. I wouldn't be able to do all of this without you guys and I'm glad that we're all in this together, through the good and tough times."

"Ok we get it. You can stop being all lovey dovey now." - Jin

"Hyung, are you blushing?" - Hoseok

Directing our view to Jin, he was indeed blushing.

"No! It's the alcohol kicking in!"

After teasing him for a bit, we all settle down and let Namjoon.

"Second off, in less than 24 hours, we'll be up in stage performing in front of Army for the first time in a while. Just like me, I'm pretty sure that you guys are just as excited and nervous, but no matter what happens, let's have the best time of our lives together and give Army a show that they will always remember. For Army!"

He lifts his glass up in front of him, signaling us to join in as well. Without hesitation, we all stand up from our seats and put our glasses together as we all smile and laugh.

"For Army!"

A/N

Short and sweet 💜

Also please don't kill me for being gone a long time 😭😭 Adulting it HARD

- A