39. Danishk and Consoling

Começar do início

"Um... okay, ask someone to keep an eye on that brat and let me know if there is any update."

With that Danishk ended the call while Ishaan heaved a sigh and returned to his work.

"He has drowned too deep for her... hmph! There is no one who could save you, Dan!"

As the dawn came Danishk's housekeeper too entered and started with her daily duties as she entered his room, a scream erupted from her throat at the sight of Danishk lying on the floor and Prajakta sprawled over the bed like a starfish with her hair splayed around her face like a possessed monster. At the commotion, Danishk woke up in fright while Prajakta was sleeping soundly without moving an inch. He quickly strode towards the maid and kept his finger over his mouth and ushered her out.

"Just leave that room and carry on with your work like usual. And don't you dare to utter anything to anyone."

The maid was already petrified so she ran away from him and carried on with her work Danishk returned back to his room to check on Prajakta and she was still sleeping while he could still hear light snores. A chuckle escaped him and he decided to do his morning chores. After he was done, he got dressed and at that moment he heard Prajakta groan and sit up.

"Had a good night's sleep?"

And that startled her causing her to scream and clutch the blanket towards her further.

"Wh... what are you doing? Wait, why am I in your bed again? Ugh! This is so not happening, why am I stuck-"

"Don't you remember last night? you were a sobbing mess and were clinging onto me for dear life. I can prove it if you want I have your snot spots over my shirt."

As last night's incidents reeled back causing her to gasp loudly both with embarrassment and bitterness from her brother she faced.

"Now that you are fresh and up, wash your face and have breakfast with me."

By saying that he left the room while Prajakta trashed around like a crazy person while she yelled into the pillow. Gosh! Why does she have to find herself in such situations all the time? Wish she had that damned 'Harry Porter's vanishing cloak' right now so that she could safely disappear from Danishk's sight and reach her house without bumping into him. But she showed up to the breakfast with tamed hair and a more presentable face.

"Well, have a seat."

She obediently sat on the chair and started nibbling the sandwich which was in front of her while she felt like she has been watched. The maid who finished her duties made her way toward the front door and then she turned back to glance at the girl who was sitting across from the owner of the penthouse. When Prajakta's eyes met hers she smiled a bit nervously as she didn't know what else to do. Danishk followed Prajakta's gaze and he turned towards the maid who opened her mouth only to stutter when his gaze landed over her. He rolled his eyes and asked her to leave to which she obliged.

"Let that brat come to his office today I will make sure to drag him out of this brazen office and lock him in his room so that he could rest in that way."

Mariyam ranted out in frustration while her son Asad was gazing over her pace while a chuckle escaped his lips. Pinching the bridge of his nose he sat on the couch which was opposite the huge french windows offering a pleasing ariel view of the city in Danishk's cabin. He leaned back and enjoyed the view while his mother was pacing anxiously.

"Why are you lazily relaxing? keep your gun ready. Or else that brat will run away."

Mariyam retorted at her son causing him to glare at her but as it had no effect on her he grumbled 'crazy woman' under his breath. At the same moment, the door of Danishk's cabin clicked open and Danishk entered the room only to be surprised to look at the mother and son pair.