"What? I don't-"

"The park is a few blocks down from here. I have eyes. Now I kinda wish I didn't."

"Funny."

"Oh, that's just a preview, Thomas Sennett." I refill the coffee machine.

"Who?" Clark walks past me.

"Exactly." I scoff and turn. "You haven't told the others yet, I respect that. So, your secret's safe with me." I grip his shoulder and head inside the kitchen.

"We're not together." He follows me. "We were just...talking."

"Yeah, your tongue was being really sentimental. I wish we had bleach here. Stupid store policy." I open the fridge and grab some vegetables to dice. "You're not a good liar. So don't even try playing poker, for future reference." I open the oven and take the pigs in a blanket out.

"Thank you."

"Yeah." I set the tray down.

"Why are you cooking all of this? It looks like a buffet."

"It is, technically. Lex and Helen asked me if I would make the food for the wedding last week. Said I happily would."

"That's great. This all looks amazing."

"Thanks. Now I gotta get started on the Mediterranean Salad. Can you get me the olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, basil, salt and onion powder?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks." I turn and we walk past each other. I open the small hidden cabinet underneath and grab the bottle of oregano. I now stand back up and head over to the table. I set it down and grab a big knife from the board behind me. "Oh, and the feta cheese too."

"Got it." Clark walks past me. "But cheese in a salad?"

"It's Greek. My mom makes it every year for my birthday. It's my favorite appetizer ever."

"Then I guess I'll have to try some." He sets all the ingredients down.

"I'll make you some. If you promise not to eat a single thing from here on out."

"I'll do my best."

"Just get me the measuring cups." I shove him and place a cucumber down on the cutting board, then grabbing the knife.

                      •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"I never realized the small town press could be so pithy." Lex enters the study as me and Clark read the article.

"What do you think your father's up to?" I wonder.

"Apparently, he's already got a team working overtime installing some pretty sophisticated machinery down there."

"What for?" Clark asks.

"I wish I could tell you, but I'm the last person he'd ever let back into those caves. He's tightened security. I doubt even you guys will be able to get past." Lex sits behind the desk.

"Uh, where's this tailor? I'm kind of pressed for time today."

"I canceled him."

"Why?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Because Helen's not walking down the aisle tomorrow." Lex reveals and my face drops.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, Brianna. I know how hard you worked to get everything together. I'll refund-"