promise

you slowly opened your eyes, the clock read 9:07 am. sunlight filtered into your room through the curtains, leaving the room with a soft glow.

you could feel the warmth of drew's body next to you, although his arms were no longer wrapped around your torso. you carefully stepped out of the room, making it out without waking your sleeping boyfriend.

you walked over to your records and let your finger graze over the names as you scanned the names. you picked out a mess of blues by elvis presley and let the music play quietly.

you walked into the kitchen and pulled out the ingredients to make pancakes. while making the batter, you were softly humming to the rhythm, occasionally mumbling the lyrics. it's now or never started playing and you couldn't help but smile softly.

your small smile grew significantly when you felt arms wrap around your waist and a head lean into the crook of your neck.

"it's now or never, come hold me tight, kiss me my darling, be mine tonight," drew sang softly into your ear, rocking you two side to side slowly.

"good morning," you whispered, turning around and wrapping your arms around your boyfriend's neck.

"morning, beautiful," he answered in his morning voice, causing a blush to rise to your cheeks.

"i hope the music didn't wake you," you said

"no, but the smell of pancakes did," he grinned, looking over you to the plate of pancakes that had just been cooked.

you turned around and removed the final pancakes off the griddle. the whole time you were facing away, drew was placing soft kisses up and down your neck.

when you finally turned back around, you rewrapped your arms around his neck. he smiled and then placed a small peck on your lips. he pulled away more than usual to admire how you looked, but to you, it just seemed like he was staring.

"what?" you giggled

"you're pretty," drew said smiling and blushing

"so are you," you answered

"i could wake up to this every morning," drew said

"you will," you said confidently

"i will?" drew teased

"okay, maybe not every day but very often," you rambled quickly, still smiling causing him to laugh a bit.

"promise?"

"promise"