closet cravings- nicky nichols

days in litchfield always seemed to drag on. prison was all about control, so everyday was the same schedule with the same things happening. the only person who brought any sort of variety to your day was nicky. with her raspy voice and enticing smirk, she was hard to resist, and everyone knew it.

however, you knew she only thought of you as a friend. a partner in crime. nothing else. or so you thought,

she was throwing hints at you a couple days ago. just before you went to your bunk that night, she made a move and kissed you, on the lips. however, the next day, she acted like it hadn't happened, continuing to act as she had before. the following days were the same. she continued to tell you about her ongoing experiences with other girls.

how could she do that to you and then act like nothing happened?

you spent hours a day thinking on that. now, you could barely stand to be around her. the sight of her tugged at your heart. you spent hours racking your brain, trying to figure out why you didn't seem to be good enough for her. at lunch, you barely spoke. as you picked at your food mindlessly, nicky went on about some other inmate. although your eyes were glued to the slop they fed you (the one from the bag, not red's), you could feel everyone's eyes flipping between the two of you.

"you're awfully quiet today, y/l/n," red commented.

"yeah, what's up with you, y/n?" nicky smiled, nudging you.

"nothing," you mumbled, looking up to meet the concerned glances of red, lorna, nicky and alex.

red and alex exchanged a knowing look when they heard me silently scoff when nicky continued to talk. however, they kept their mouths shut. once lunch was over, you put threw your untouched food out and left your tray. without exchanging a word with nicky, you walked back to your bunk. the next couple hours were calm, no one bothering you as you read your book. a piece of you wished nicky had come looking, but she was probably too busy flurting with some naive inmate, you thought.

later that evening, as you walked down the hall, you heard someone call your name. her familiar raspy voice rang through the halls, but you showed no signs of hearing her.

"y/n," nicky called again.

"hey," she called once more, picking up her pace to catch up to you.

"no running, inmate!" a guard called.

when she finally caught up to you, she grabbed your arm.

"seriously, what's wrong with you, y/n?" nicky asked, concern evident in her tone.

"nothing," you lied.

"oh come on, i know you better than that. you've been avoiding me all day," she coaxed.

"i'm sorry i don't wanna listen to you talk about eating other girls pussies all day," you said angrily.

"since when don't you like pussy?" nicky smirked.

you rolled your eyes as you tried to keep walking, but nicky's grip wasn't letting up.

"hey, okay, come on," she said, pulling you into a small janitor's closet that was definitely supposed to be locked.

"what's wrong?" nicky asked sincerely, a small smile on her face as she searched for some kind of answer. the tight room meant you were basically chest to chest and her brown eyes dug into yours.

"i should smack the shit out of you," you scoffed, your arms crossed over your chest.

"is this about the other night?" she asked, brows furrowed.

"the other night where you kissed me and then pretended it didn't happen? no, not at all. this is all because you ate one of my fucking peas," you said sarcastically, "yes, it's about the other night."

"if i'd known that was gonna get you all hot and bothered, i would've just left you hanging," she smiled.

you rolled your eyes at her comment and went to reach for the doorknob.

"wait, i'm sorry, i'm sorry," she pleaded.

"why'd you do it?" you asked as you made eye contact with her. it was too late, you weren't going to back down.

"huh?" she asked.

"why did you kiss me, nicky?" you spoke clearly.

"well, i-" she began before you cut her off.

"and why'd you pretend it didn't happen?" you said, your voice breaking a little.

"i just, i don't know, i guess i just thought you wouldn't be into me like that," she whispered.

you thought for a moment.

"would i do this if i wasn't into you?" you asked, watching as her brows furrowed.

you moved forward and connected your lips, bringing your hands to her face to pull her closer. she made no effort to stop, but instead took control. you kissed with desperation as she pushed you up against a wall. your head hit a shelf and cleaning products fell onto the ground with a loud bang. nicky pulled away and smirked before attaching her lips to your neck. your mouth was agape and you were fighting hard to keep quiet, knowing guards could be roaming the halls. the situation began to escalate and before long, the room was humid and messy.

it was safe to say your friends all knew what you were up to that afternoon.