balloon

you sat in harry's dressing room on your phone, patiently waiting for him to come back in to spend a little time with you before the show. what you didn't expect, however, was that when you looked up at the door you heard open, your vision would be briefly blocked by something purple. whatever it was quickly bounced off your head and onto the ground.

you looked up at the doorframe where your boyfriend, harry, stood with a shit-eating grin plastered onto his face, dimples on full display. his eyes darted between you and the thing that had hit you (which you were assuming was a balloon) on the ground. you cautiously looked over, harry waiting for what you would do next.

you stood up and picked up the dark purple balloon, examining it before throwing it up in the air and spiking it at him. his jaw dropped, but his shocked expression changed into a smirk. before the balloon hit the floor, he hit it back to you. you reacted quickly, hitting it to him. you two continued to hit it back and forth, slowly moving out of the dressing room.

within a couple minutes you were both laughing and had completely backed out of the dressing room, now in the halls. the balloon flew between the two of you, the sounds of your hands hitting it echoing through the backstage. you accidentally hit it right over harry's head causing him to run to reach it, dropping to his knees.

"harry! you're gonna get your outfit dirty," you scolded through giggles.

"well, if you hadn't slammed the balloon over my head," he responded with a huge smile on his face.

"i didn't slam it!" you retorted, the balloon still flying between the two of you.

"right," he rolled his eyes, hitting the balloon so it was way over your head.

you jumped back, reaching your arm up and returning it to harry, but not before falling backwards into mitch. you immediately apologized meanwhile, harry was now almost doubled over with laughter. mitch walked past you guys, rolling his eyes and letting out a chuckle.

"not funny," you said to harry, though your expression said otherwise.

his response was to stick his tongue out at you, his eyes squeezed shut. you took the opportunity to hit the balloon straight at his face, now it was your turn to laugh at him. his eyes stayed shut, but now he was cringing at the rubbery taste. he made sure to hit the balloon back to you when he opened his eyes, and you stuck your tongue out at him playfully.

your game continued, now there was a slight sheen of sweat on your foreheads and jenny's music played in the background. before you knew it, she was playing her last song on her set.

"harry, isn't this jenny's last song?" you asked.

"shit, yeah," he said.

with that, you were running through the halls you came down, the balloon secured under harry's arm. you got to the box he would be coming up from, jeff immediately coming to ask where the hell you were.

"we got distracted," you'd both answered.

he rolled is eyes and told harry where to stand. harry placed a quick peck on your lips and handed you the balloon. once he was in the right spot, you walked off into the area between the barricades and the stage.

golden began to play and harry began to sing as he popped up on stage. His breathing was slightly laboured, his hair was either matted down onto his forehead from running or sticking up in different directions. It looked cute, though. nevertheless, he gave a fantastic performance that left the crowd cheering loudly. he said his introduction and apologized for his slight disheveled appearance. he was about to start the next song when he paused and looked over at a fan with his eyebrows furrowed.

"what?" he asked, a slight smile playing on his lips as he leaned over a bit.

"why am i all sweaty?" he repeated.

"a bit of a personal question there, don't you think, mate?" he asked, his british accent coming through.

you heard a couple fans ask if he was getting laid, their voices loudly booming through the stadium. You let out a large laugh at what his fans thought, though it made sense why they would think that. between his messy hair, somewhat heavy breathing and sweaty forehead, it was't hard to believe. harry was sure to hear it, too, and when he processed what had been said, he made eye contact with you, dimples on full display.

"this is a family show!" he yelled causing the crowd to go wild.

"or is it?" he joked. you hadn't thought the fans could cheer any louder, but were proved wrong when they all cheered to the point where it was almost deafening.

the show went on with no flaws. he performed his set list to an ecstatic crowd, occasionally stopping for small conversations with fans or to read their signs. you could see how happy he was on stage and the fans matched his energy. throughout the concert you held the balloon above your stomach, your arms resting over it.

before long, harry was saying his goodbyes. he ran off the stage and towards where you were. once he saw you, he immediately went to meet you and hug you. he tightly wrapped his arms around you. just as your arms around him, you heard a loud pop and felt something snap against your stomachs. you pulled apart and looked down to where stretched pieces of purple rubber littered the floor and stuck to harry's bare stomach.

"harry, you burst my balloon!" you whined, holding in your laughter.

"oops, sorry love," he said sheepishly.