drained - rafe cameron

tw: swearing

you had chosen to spend your day like any other, at the club with your friends. you made your way to the restaurant from the courts. the sun beat down on you and sweat was dripping off you from the heat and the tennis match you had just won.

as you walked, you could feel eyes on you. you found this happened very often, though you only had eyes for one person, one of your best friends, rafe cameron. you'd had a crush on him since the third grade, aka when you first met. now, 11 years later, and you were practically in love with him.

you approached the table where kelce, rafe and topper were sitting.

"hey, losers," you greeted.

"did you win?" topper asked as you took your seat.

"do you know me to lose?" you asked cockily.

"whatever," topper rolled his eyes.

"god, my legs are killing me," you said.

"y/n do you mind going up to the bar and ordering the food for us?" rafe muttered, looking down at his phone.

"uh, sure. the usual?" you asked.

"i can go if you want, y/n," kelce offered.

"no, no, it's alright. i've already been running around for a couple hours, what's five more minutes?"

you went up to the counter and ordered what you all usually had. after thanking the waitress, you sat back down. soon your food had arrived. right off the bat, you could tell rafe was eyeing the waitress.

"thanks, grace," he winked, pausing to read the girls name tag.

you rolled your eyes, topper and kelce already looking at you. when she finally walked away, you all began to dig in. you were all in the middle of the conversation, until rafe spit his drink back into his cup.

"what is this?" he asked angrily.

"they, uh, didn't have your usual brand, so i told her to bring the next best one," you said nervously, starting to shrink under rafe's harsh gaze.

"well it tastes like shit. why didn't you tell them to bring one from the back? are you trying to poison me or something?" he said through gritted teeth.

"no. i- no. they didn't have any in the back," you mumbled, looking down to your hands.

"god! there's a reason i don't get the next best. stupid bitch," he seethed, muttering the end.

you kept quiet, trying to hold back any reaction.

"look at me when i'm talking to you!" he yelled.

you looked up nervously, meeting his eyes and he looked back at you, fumes coming out of his ears.

"goddamnit," he fumed, slamming his hands on the table before walking away.

"y/n-" topper began.

"it's fine, top," you said, trying to sound confident, "i'll go. you can tell rafe he can come back."

you walked to your car and got in. after containing yourself, you drove back home. nobody was home so you spent your afternoon relaxing. at around 5:30, topper texted you.

topper:

there's a party tonight

wanna come?

you:

sure

what time and where?