Ch 31: Runaway

Start bij het begin

"Names Jeremy."

"Amilia." He nodded and smiled.

"Right on. So what are you doing running from people, Amilia?" He laughed and waited for my response.

"I'd rather not say. What I need you to do is drive me to New York." I clenched the knife in my hand, ready to kill him if need be.

"Okay." He shrugged, taking a drink of an energy drink from the cup holder. I was stunned by his nonchalant answer.

"What?"

"I said okay. One condition though." He held up his finger, a cheeky smile on his face.

"Okay?"

"Let me pick up a few jobs on the way." I was even more confused by now. What kind of person just accepts this type of thing?

"Sure. Whatever. Wait, what kind of jobs?" 

"You'll see." Oh, this type of person. A criminal.

I was gonna ask more but gunshots sounded behind us. We ducked and kept driving as some of Mike's men drove up beside us. They shouted and pointed weapons at us.

"Aw sick! Let's go." Flipping on the radio he played heavy rap music loudly as he shifted in his seat.

In a second flat we were driving well past the speed limit and away from the four cars. I looked back in my seat, confused how we're out driving them. He happily sang with the lyrics of whatever was playing, doing hand symbols as he drove.

"What the fuck?" I shouted but he ignored me. We were quickly approaching a city with the speed we're driving at. One car behind us caught up and tried hitting us but he swerved out of the way.

"No way dude." He slipped his hat on and drove into the city, not caring to slow down one bit.

We drove through cars, weaving and avoiding them as we got on the highway. It took everything in me not to panic, my heart beating out of my chest at this point. One of the cars tried to ram us again, but failed when he hit the clutch and stopped us and re-sped up.

They crashed into the highway divider and tumbled up into the air. He laughed and continued to drive like he was in The Fast and The Furious. More shots sounded out as we drove onto normal streets, drifting around corners and running red lights. 

Each time they tried to hit us he would avoid and get them to crash instead. When it was just us and one left we heard sirens approach us.

"Fuck! Cops?" I frantically looked behind, watching the red and blue lights flash.

"Oink Oink little piggies!" He shouted and kept driving.

Moving onto a roadwork section he swerved between equipment and onto work in progress pavement. 5 cars were behind us as they chased, shouting and blaring sirens with the last of Mikes car.

Going off a makeshift ramp and over the cement I could see the final car slide wrong and crash into it, just leaving the cops. Looking forward I found us quickly approaching a Crane with no way around.

"Jeremy! Jeremy!" I slapped him arm frantically.

"YEAH!"

Hitting the brake and clutch he full 180 turned us around, flipping off the cops as we drifted. Booking it away from here I could hear the sound of loud crashing before silence fell, he managed to get away.