The men bowed to him and walked back. Unknown to him, one of the men made a small signal to somebody who continued to follow him. The person who dismissed him was Iroh, prince of the Fire Nation and son of Princess Izumi.

Due to his high importance, he was never alone. Many kidnapping attempts had happened since he was a kid; the number of attempts could only rival the killing attempt. Although unknown to him, in those many attempts, he was able to make friends with people living on the streets.

He recognizes the problem of his nation. But he has always been told that his nation has a debt to pay to the world, that they needed to pay that debt to protect the world, just like his grandfather Zuko did.

Iroh entered a small restaurant and went to the bathroom, only to get out dressing differently. He thought this would help him disguise himself from the public and his secret bodyguard.

.

The next day Ozai woke up in a bedroom that he shared with another two kids. And in the bed next to him were another three kids. Ozai tried to stand up without making noise, but the boy next to him woke up.

"Sorry, I did not want to wake you up", said Ozai in a low voice. The other kid yawned a little, "no problem. I wake up around this hour. We better hurry up", said the kid walking to the door.

Ozai looked at him, thinking about what he meant. Then someone shouted, "Breakfast is ready!" Suddenly all the kids jumped from the bed and ran to the dinner table. Ozai was surprised, and then he also started to run to the dinner table.

At breakfast, at one table, were all the kids. There were eight kids, with six boys and only two girls.

Ty Lee stood behind the table, "Yesterday was a little hectic, and I could not make the proper presentations." All the kids continued eating but now watching Ty Lee.

"Everybody! He is Ozai. Is the son of two of my best friends", said Ty Lee, and Ozai stood up abruptly and bowed respectfully to everyone. Some kids waved at him with their mouths full of food, and others only looked at him.

"And Ozai, this is our family. I am going to start from your right. Ahem, he is Gāng, Bó, Wén, she is Fang, and her twin Fen, he is Chao, and his twin Chéng, then is Wei, and Ai", said Ty Lee.

At the other table were the adults, and Ty Lee walked to them. "And the young women here are Hua, Xiu, and Yan, and their respective husbands, Fú, Zǐmò and Hàorán. And the fine ladies over there who had the virtue of looking like me are Lat, Lao, and Woo".

Ozai stood up again and bowed to them, and the adults nodded at him. Suddenly one of the younger kids asked, "Why does his name be the same as the bad Fire Lord?"

Ozai turned to see him with a questioning look, but then his mother, Yan, said, "Bó! Finish eating!"

The kid looked at his mother, and she only shook her head, and the kid continued eating. Ty Lee gave a weak smile to Ozai, who was confused.

After a while, Ozai walked outside to the backyard, and Ty Lee was with him. Ty Lee asked him to train normally, so he started to warm up, and then a couple of twins arrived, Chao and Cheng walked close to him, and one of them said, "so, you practice any bending?"

Ozai shook his head, and the twins nodded, "great, neither do we" "the only two who can bend fire are", "Fang and Fen", "but they don't train that much", said the twins complementing each other. Then both asked, "would you mind if we train with you?"

Ozai shrugged and answered, "sure". The twins made a mischievous smile, which Ozai did not see. Ty Lee saw the whole interaction and only stood aside, watching everything.