47 || Memories

I made it to my father's office with minimal resistance, save for the tears that had gathered in my eyes and made my vision blurry. I scanned the dark office, finding the Pensieve nestled beside my father's desk. I leaned forward, opening the vial and dropping the tears that held my father's memories into the silvery water. The memories swirled around the Pensieve, and I took a breath before dipping my head into the bowl.

Hogwarts swirled into view, dropping me in the corridor on the first floor. A class of first years passed by excitedly, gossiping about the older students. My eyes landed on a little boy with dark eyes, standing in the middle of the corridor staring at a little girl with fiery red hair and eyes that matched my own.

The memory was of my father meeting my mother. Little Nova accidentally slammed into little Severus, knocking all of his schoolwork to the floor. They both flushed red and began gathering the fallen documents.

"Thank you." Little Severus muttered.

"You're welcome." Little Nova spoke enthusiastically, holding out a hand for little Severus to shake. "I'm Nova."

"Severus." Little Severus responded, reluctantly shaking the redhead's hand.

The scene shifted, showing Nova and another redheaded girl with eyes identical to Harry Potter's smiling at my father, giggling with flushed cheeks as they passed him. The scene swirled again, sending me into the next memory.

I landed in the courtyard at Hogwarts, seeing a slightly older Severus sitting with an amused smirk as Nova rambled on about how great she did on her OWLs.

"I mean, it was ridiculously easy didn't you think?" Teenage Nova then scoffed. "As if someone can't identify the traits of a werewolf.

Teenage Severus smiled genuinely at Nova, an emotion I recognized as admiration in his eyes. The rest of the memory fell silent as teen Severus smiled and watched Nova talk animatedly about school.

The memory swirled into another.

Teen Severus pushed his black hair back over his shoulder, sighing as he did so. He nodded once at his reflection and walked with purpose out of the Slytherin Common Room. He marched right into the Great Hall and slid into the empty seat beside teen Nova.

"Hello, Severus." Nova smiled fondly at my father, filling my stomach with an unknown feeling.

"Would you like to go to Hogsmeade with me, Nova?" Teen Severus asked, his voice full of nerves. Nova's smile grew even wider across her delicate features and her eyes twinkled.

"Are you asking me on a date, Severus Snape?" She asked, placing the book she had been reading down on the table. Teen Snape nodded nervously, eyes flitting away from teen Nova. "Then, I would love to."

The memories swirled again, showing highlights of my parent's first date. It was a sweet sight, watching my mother and father awkwardly bump into each other in the shops and watching them hold each other's hands without realizing.

I was dragged into another memory.

This time, it was later in the same year, as it felt warmer and teen Severus looked the same. He ran into the courtyard with teen Nova, both wearing massive grins on their faces.

"I have a question for you, Nova." Severus said, looking down at my mother. She nodded, encouraging Severus to go on. A blush spread across his cheeks and a small smile fell on his lips. "Will you be my proper girlfriend?"

"I thought you'd never ask." Nova smiled, pulling Severus into a kiss.

After watching the sweet scene of my parents becoming a couple, the memories swirled and sent me into a celebration.