11 || Hogsmeade Weekend

Two weeks later, the third years gathered in the clock tower courtyard, each excitedly clutching a permission slip. I, however, wasn't one of them. As the permission slips allowing students to explore Hogsmeade Village were to be signed by a parent or guardian, I was out of luck; I didn't know who my parents were, and my guardian had been a wretched woman. Due to this unfortunate circumstance, I watched the other kids from my year from my seat in one of the many stone arches.

"Remember!" Professor McGonagall shouted over the babble of the students. "These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again."

I sighed as three familiar figures stopped in front of me. I glanced up, meeting the eyes of Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Can I help you?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Would you like anything from Hogsmeade, Des?" Crabbe asked, his cheeks turning red as he averted his gaze down to the snow. I let out a soft chuckle and shook my head.

"No, thank you." I smiled. "Besides, it's not like I could pay you back, anyway."

"Don't worry about paying us back." Chimed Goyle, offering me a broad smile.

"Whatever you want, Littlesea, I can get." Draco added. I raised a brow at the blond boy, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Look, Malfoy, if this is your way of trying to get back into my good books, you should know by now that I'm the least materialistic person you know." I stated, hopping off the ledge I was perched on. "No amount of anything you can purchase in Hogsmeade Village is going to change my mind about being upset at you. It's going to take more than that for me to come to terms with how you think."

I shook my head and turned away from the trio, intending on curling up in front of the fireplace in the common room and reading a book.

"What about candy?" Crabbe called after me. I turned around and offered him a small smile.

"Yeah, candy is great." Goyle nodded. "And from what I remember, you've never had any candy from the wizard world."

"That's true." I nodded, approaching them again." But, no thank you."

I leaned up and placed a friendly kiss on the cheeks of both boys, smiling softly before I retreated back into the halls of the castle.

"Have fun!" I called over my shoulder, closing the large doors behind me.

========

I smiled at passing students as I left the Slytherin common room. It had been hours since the other third years left for their first Hogsmeade visit, and it was almost time for dinner. As I entered the Great Hall, I only heard chatter regarding the trip to Hogsmeade earlier. That is, until I passed by Pansy and her friends.

"Can you believe that freak isn't afraid of anything?" Pansy scoffed, shooting me a glare as I passed her. "I mean, everyone is afraid of something... something must be wrong with her. But, we knew that."

"What are you afraid of then, Pansy?" One of her friends asked. I settled into my usual seat at the end of the table, trying to ignore the sneer Pansy was shooting my way.

"Well, obviously," Pansy scoffed again. "I'm afraid of Sirius Black."

"And why would you be afraid of an escaped killer, Pansy?" I questioned, turning to look at the offended girl.

"Because, freak, what if he comes here?" She asked, sounding genuinely afraid.

"And why, pray tell, would he go after you?" I questioned, raising a brow in her direction. "Sirius Black could go after literally anyone else, so what makes you think you're so special?"