12 || Page 394

Dumbledore stopped behind the lectern, peering down at me with a gaze too complex to read. He looked away from me momentarily, focusing his gaze on the group of red haired children watching us curiously. Dumbeldore raised a brow in their direction before looking back down at me.

"It has come to my attention that you spent much of your time with the Weasley's in the confines of a room shared with young Miss Weasley." Dumbledore stated. "Did you find your accommodations with the Weasley family satisfactory?"

"I suppose so, Professor." I nodded. "Although, I prefer to be alone during my free time."

"I see." Dumbledore hummed. "I believe it best to send you back to the Weasley's over the summer holiday."

"If that's what you believe to be best, Professor." I forced a polite smile. The Weasley's were lovely, I just didn't want there to be another problem with Draco over the matter.

"Do you think otherwise, Miss Littlesea?" Dumbledore questioned.

"I just prefer to be spending my time alone, Professor." I sighed. "And the Weasley house is quite lively... Couldn't you send me back to the streets I came from?"

"Not in good conscience." Dumbledore shook his head. "I will look into other accommodations for you, Miss Littlesea."

With that, Dumbledore stepped away from the lectern and headed toward a gathering group of professors. I watched him go with a confused expression, standing at the lectern for another moment.

I shook my head and headed toward the students from Slytherin House. Everyone had paired off, or gathered with their friends, laying some sleeping bags out onto the stone floor. I stopped beside Goyle, who had waved me over enthusiastically, and took the extra sleeping bag from his hands.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking over to Draco. "Why does it look like the world's worst slumber party in here?"

"We're supposed to sleep in the Great Hall tonight." Draco rolled his eyes, already rolling another sleeping bag out on top of his. "Apparently Sirius Black snuck into the castle and tried to get into the Gryffindor common room. According to McGonagall, he did quite a number on the Fat Lady's portrait."

"Poor girl." I muttered, unrolling my sleeping bag and placing it between Draco's and Crabbe's.

"Anyway, what did Dumbledore want with you?" Draco questioned as I sat on my sleeping bag.

"He was informing me that my living situation for the summer holiday is changing." I shrugged.

"The Weasley's won't take you back in?" Crabbe asked, sitting beside me.

"I told Dumbledore I preferred to be alone during my free time." I started. "I also told him that the Weasley house is very lively, so he decided he'd find me new accommodations. I suggested being sent back to the streets I grew up on, but he refused. Said he couldn't let me do that in good conscience."

"You can always hop on that broom I got you and fly to the Manor." Draco suggested with a shrug. "That is, if you don't like the place you'll end up staying."

"I doubt your parents would approve of a young witch of questionable blood status flying onto their property." I laughed lightly. Draco's eyes widened, and he frantically tried to reassure me that I would be more than welcome at his home, but I stopped him with a laugh. "Don't worry about me, Draco. I'm sure Dumbledore will figure something out."

"Goodnight, students!" Dumbledore boomed over the constant murmuring of my classmates, dimming the candles as he did so. I climbed into my sleeping bag, thankful it would keep me warm, and smiled over at Draco.