31 || End of Year Feast

The end of year feast was as lighthearted as it could be after Voldemort made his return. With the looming threats of Death Eaters and their Dark Lord, along with the near death of two of his students, Dumbledore wanted the feast to be a place for Hogwarts students and their guests to unwind.

"If it weren't for you,we'd be mourning the loss of a student." Dumbledore reminded me with a smile.

"So you keep saying, professor." I mused.

"What did you do with the money you won?" He asked.

"Well, I gave the cup to Ron Weasley. I don't have any use for the thing." I started.

"Ah, is that why he's been carting it around?" He asked, eyes landing on Ron. He was holding the cup close to him, slapping away the hands of his friends as they reached for it.

"And I gave the money to Fred and George." I answered his initial question.

"Why?" Dumbledore asked, watching the Weasley twins speak animatedly with each other.

"They want to open up a shop." I shrugged, smiling at the pair.

"Why don't you join your table?" Dumbledore suggested, humming in a knowing way. "It seems your friends are waiting for you."

I smiled at my trio of friends from across the hall, holding up a finger and moving toward the Gryffindor table first. I strolled past the excited Gryffindor's until I found the pair I was searching for.

"Dee!" They greeted in unison, reaching out and embracing me.

"Hello, boys." I greeted, watching with an amused smile as Ron slapped Harry's hand away from the Triwizard Cup.

"I've already touched the bloody cup, Ron!" Harry yelled out of frustration, making me snicker.

"Yeah, so paw's off!" Ron demanded. "It's mine now."

"Thank you for the money, Dee." George said with a smile.

"You're welcome." I said, patting them both on the cheeks. With that, I left the Gryffindor table and headed to my own.

"What was that about?" Goyle asked as I slid into my seat beside Draco.

"Just saying hello to the twins." I hummed, looking around at the food splayed across the tables. "They thanked me for the money."

"I don't see why you didn't just keep it." Draco said, rolling his eyes.

"I've never needed money before, and I don't need it now." I told him.

"Yeah, because you somehow got the Malfoy's wrapped around your filthy finger." Pansy scoffed, shooting a glare at me.

"Actually, I don't." I snapped, glaring harshly at the girl.

"You do, love." Draco murmured, kissing my temple.

"Well, I didn't mean to." I muttered back, turning to look up at him.

"You get to just have everything handed to you now. You don't even have to steal it, street rat." Pansy snickered.

"I'm not a street rat, nor do I have things handed to me." I retorted, suddenly feeling very frustrated with her.

"Leave us alone, Parkinson." Draco commanded. "Your voice is so very grating these days."

"All she'll ever be is a filthy street rat, Draco." Pansy pressed, ignoring the glares on everyone's faces. "She doesn't deserve to live like we do."

"Everytime you open your mouth, it ends in an argument." Goyle huffed, throwing a bread roll at her face. "Do us all a courtesy and shut it for once."

Dumbledore prepared a speech singing my praises during the final task, which I ignored. Instead of paying attention, I laid my head on Draco's shoulder. His arm wrapped around my shoulders as Dumbledore wrapped up his speech, and his hold tightened ever so slightly when Blaise and the fan club cheered again and again that I'd won the tournament.

Sat nestled into Draco's side, I finally felt a bit of contentment.