20 || Weasley Twins v. the Goblet of Fire

The small hall that housed the goblet of fire was lined with bleachers for students to sit on, just outside of the age line Dumbledore drew around the goblet; designed to keep underaged witches and wizards from putting their names into the cup. On one side of the bleachers, Hermione sat with her nose in a book, and on the other side sat the troublesome trio of Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco. Naturally, I sat between the trio, watching with jealousy as students dropped their names into the goblet.

Just after Hufflepuff student Cedric Diggory dropped his name into the cup, the Weasley twins raucously entered the hall, waving around two vials of aging potion with wide grins. The students in the hall cheered for them, and they proudly mounted the bleachers beside Hermione.

"It's not going to work." Hermione sang, a smug look passing across her face.

"Oh yeah?" Fred asked, sitting on one side of Hermione. George sat on the other side, smirking down at Hermione. "Why's that, Granger?"

"You see this?" Hermione asked, pointing to the very obvious age line drawn around the goblet. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred questioned, grinning as Hermione sighed.

"So," Hermione snapped, slamming her book shut. "A genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dim-witted as an age potion."

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant." George snickered.

"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted." Fred added. The twins stood once again, scanning the room before their eyes landed on me. Still the center of attention, they squeezed themselves in beside Draco and Crabbe, settling on either side of me.

"What do you think, favorite non-sister?" George asked, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah," Fred agreed, throwing his arm over George's. "You're way smarter than either of us, and smarter than Granger. What say you, favorite non-sister?"

"Well, I hardly think it's going to work." I said, smirking as they immediately started protesting. "Dumbledore's magic is much stronger than a potion you two manage to brew."

"Boo!" George yelled.

"You're supposed to be on our side." Fred whined.

"However!" I said, silencing the twins' complaints. "I think you should still try it. It will make for some much needed entertainment."

"Much better." Fred beamed. Both he and George planted kisses on either one of my cheeks before they jumped up and headed for the bottom of the bleachers.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

"Bottoms up." They chorused, drinking the potions and then hopping over the age line. Triumphantly, they smirked at Hermione as they dropped their names into the goblet. They gave me a thumbs up before the goblet spat their names out, and shot magic directly at the twins. They flew across the room, landing beside one another with full, grey beards.

"You said!" George exclaimed, pointing to his brother.

"You said!" Fred countered, lunging for George. They started rolling around, gathering a crowd away from the goblet.

"What is their obsession with you?" Hermione sounded, pulling my attention away from the quarrelling Weasley's.

"Excuse me?" I asked, matching the glare she was giving me.

"What even is a 'favorite non-sister', anyway?" Hermione pressed, clearly irritated.

"I believe it means that I am their favorite, but I'm not their sister?" I offered smartly, earning snickers from Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"But, I actually speak to them!" Hermione erupted, turning red as she spoke. "They should consider me thei-"

The room went quiet, and Hermione's face flushed even deeper red when Viktor Krum stormed forward and put his name in the goblet. He spared a soft look in Hermione's direction before leaving the room. The boy that breathed fire and smirked at me followed after Viktor, dropping his own name into the goblet and sending me another smirk. I looked away from him, willing my cheeks not to go red from embarrassment.

"Again?" Draco teased, watching the Durmstrang boy closely. The boy caught sight of Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle and quickly ran off after Viktor.

"Have you scared him off?" I asked.

"Probably." Draco shrugged.

"I'd be thankful for that if you hadn't scared away the only person that's shown an interest in me." I joked, laughing lightly as my cheeks heated up.

"Now, that's just not true." Goyle said, rolling his eyes at me. "Plenty of people fancy you, Des."

"Really?" I asked, furrowing my brow. "Since when? And who?"

"Let's see..." Draco  trailed off, snapping his fingers. "Zabini. He's had his eye on you since our first year."

"Nott." Goyle nodded. "Though, he's not brave enough to actually talk to you; you scare him."

"There's Lee Jordan from Gryffindor." Crabbe added.

"I've even caught some girls eyeing you." Goyle snickered.

"Yeah, I can't say for certain, but I heard Luna Lovegood from Ravenclaw liked you last term." Crabbe nodded, smirking at Goyle.

"That boy from Durmstrang obviously likes you." Draco pointed out.

"Not to mention a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws." Goyle shrugged.

"You lot are crazy." I blushed. "It can't be that many."

"Oh, it is." Draco scoffed, playfully rolling his eyes. "Zabini and Nott don't shut up about you in the dorms. I see you all day, every day, and then I have to fall asleep listening to the two go on and on about you."

"Well," I said dramatically. "Sorry to be such a bother."

"And, I'm almost certain those Weasley's like you." Draco said, pointing to the twins talking to Lee Jordan.

"I doubt that." I shook my head, standing up from the bench.

"Where to, Des?" Crabbe asked, standing up as well. Goyle and Draco followed suit, looking down at me with raised brows.

"Well, I was going to speak with Snape about another set of extra lessons." I said sheepishly, looking down at my feet. "Over the summer, I finished all the work for this term."

"It was hard to pry you away from the desk in your room." Draco confirmed, rolling his eyes again. He grabbed my hand and helped me down the bleachers, steadying me on my feet as Crabbe and Goyle joined us.

"I like to be prepared." I flushed. "And it was easy."

"Why do you want extra lessons anyway?" Crabbe questioned, shoving through the gawking students.

"I just want to learn to apparate and disapparate on my own." I shrugged, following him through the crowd.

That's advanced magic you shouldn't know how to do until you're of age." Goyle said, his eyes wide.

"Well, I've already learned all the curriculum before apparating." I sighed, happy to be out in the hall. "It's the next logical step."

"Then, off to Snape we go." Draco said, offering me his arm. I wrapped my arm around his and smiled softly.

Ever since I was injured on my own last term, the trio refused to let me wander the school alone. And, because I spent the summer with Draco, he was extra protective and seemingly possessive. Not that I really minded it; I liked keeping to the friends I already have.

"Let's go." Crabbe and Goyle chorused, leading the way down the hallway.