Royalty. -4

I stepped into the room and saw my wife infront of a window while the maid is fixing her hair.

I closed the door silently and stood there for few seconds, gathering my courage to speak.

"Jamie, can you excuse yourself for a while? I will take it right here." I said and Jamie, without glancing strode off to exit the room.

I heard the woman sigh and that's when i started walking to her and held her hair. I then started fixing it as what i told the maid.

We stayed silent for minutes, hearing her breath calms me. She's fine, i guess?

"I heard about the news."

I started as i went down to fix her robe.

She did not answer, instead she straightened her posture.

"You could've divorced me first before informing your people. I found it funny that you even put an exact date and time to when you're going to divorce me. Your way of thinking, i may say, is very interesting."

I added and stood straight to watch her side profile.

Queen. Queen Jennie.

I can't really see her eyes, but i can say it holds a plenty amount of mixed emotions.

I can feel it.

We then fell into another deafening silence. Until she has something to say.

"I'm a bad wife, am i not?"

She uttered oh-so-quietly. Air laced on her words as i felt sorrows coated her voice.

I did not reply and let her spill anything in her mind.

"I've taken the chance for granted that i now suffer the consequence of my decision."

She said again and stood up gently and faced me. Her eyes were lonely, as if asking for a warmth of my embrace. I held back myself from trapping her between my arms. It is not appropriate to do so.

"I failed to be a wife to you. We are not capable of having an heir. And i hate myself for that. I hate myself for not being able to carry your children, not being able to have you while fulfilling my duty as a queen all at once. I hate myself for not making you feel that i love you, truly. I've taken you for granted and i wish that it never happened."

She sobbed, showing me her eyes that's filled with emotion. Emotion that you don't usually see coming from a queen.

Her brown orbs are lonely and it's painfully pinching my heart as if tearing it to pieces.

"My Queen, dry those tears, you have your people who loves you. Even though you think you weren't a good wife to me, which I beg to disagree, you were a good princess. There are children out there who sees you as their own mother and respects you as much as they respect their own, and there are ladies out there who depends on you. That's good enough to think that you are a good wife, a good person." I said.

I honestly don't have any single idea about what i said. I guess the urge wanting to comfort her got into me that i didn't think of my words thoroughly.

"That didn't made sense."

I smiled sadly, the same time when a maid came to call me.

"Pardon my presence, your majesty, your highness. King Jong-in from Jong Kingdom has arrived and wishes to see Queen Lisa."

Jamie said. I look at her and she has her bloodshot eyes looking at me.

I smiled at her warmly to let her know that I'm okay.