Royalty. -2

I watch as the King wanders his eyes on the crowd and finished his speech, giving everyone the permission to enjoy the party.

It's the 3rd day of his Majesty's royal birthday celebration and is fortunately the last day of it. I'm quite delighted to know that sooner later, this huge flock of rude, vulgar, and insensitive royalties will leave.

It is indeed a pressure for an outcast to stand and fit in with the people who are obviously far from my original status. I got used on being ordered around by some dweebs more than just stand and fake my smile infront of people I don't know.

My brows furrowed seeing my wife, Princess Jennie smiling sweetly at a man. The guy reached for her hand and kissed the back of it while they share an intimate stares and that scenery brought pain in me.

I know the guy. He's a prince from the neighboring Kingdom, Prince Jiyong. If you're thinking he's courting her, then you'd be right. He has been sending lots of gifts and presents to the Princess and worst thing about it is that my wife accepts 'em all. She even sends back presents too and some letters which is obviously not good, considering she's married to me!

I see how the other guests cheered for them. They've always like the idea of both royalties joining forces, not paying attention to her marriage at all. Still, they push them both to seal it and create a strong new civilization of united rulers. Some thinks that they're actually lovers. They think that Jennie and I's shared vows are some sort of a weapon to protect the nation from enemies, where in reality, the Kings of both kingdoms are planning for something huge.

That obviously hurts. Do i think the rumors were true? I don't know. After all, I'm still a servant dressed and was disguised with fancy and expensive looking dress.

Another thing that hurts is that, neither both of the families are turning the rumors down. They're letting it spread like a plague and for all they care? Tss, they're loving the attention they're getting from allies.

"Close your eyes." A pleasant, manly voice said from my behind.

I turned to look at who was it and there i saw a beautiful gentleman. Whom i know, by the way.

"Pardon?" I asked him.

He stood beside me and handed me a glass of champagne which i gladly accepted.

"Close your eyes. You don't have to watch such filth sight." He said and offered a toast.

I smiled at him before clinking our glasses, i then took a sip before giving him my full attention by letting my body face him.

"That's more i like it." He uttered pertaining to my actions.

"Why are you here?"

"To accompany a gorgeous missus? You know? I totally get why the princess married you. You're such a beauty with a kind heart. On the contrary, I don't get why she treats you this way, she must've gone mad." He said in a whisper which made me chuckle.

"Oh, dear Kai. You and your words of insults. I don't know why i feel surprised with how careless you are with what you are saying."

I said mindlessly as i shook my head lightly. He chuckled at my response before throwing jokes, one at a time after my laugh.

He invited me to get another drink and i agreed. Somehow, i feel light and happy. He never fails to lift my mood.

Well, by the way, let me introduce him to you. He's Prince Jong In, well known for being a sweetheart. He literally represents the "Prince Charming" thoughts. Not jus because he's handsome, but also because he's kind and romantic. A great opposite of all Princes that existed in this world. Yep, including Prince Jiyong.