"In that case." Clark goes to take the piece of toast from the corner of my eye and I grip his wrist before twisting his arm. "Ow! Hey."

"I was wrong. I am in the mood to beat you up." I finally let go of him and continue to eat my toast.

"You could've broken my arm."

"But I didn't."

"You want a thank you?"

"Getting on your knees and thanking me for mercy would be nice." I nod. "And then I'll kill you anyway. Greek Tragedy style."

"Oh, well speaking of Greek Tragedy, I've gotta get your mother to work. You two want a ride?" Jonathan puts on his coat.

"I have my bike, thanks, Jon. It was the only way that I wouldn't fall asleep on the way. Have fun riding with mommy and daddy." I grip Clark's shoulder and I start to walk. "Bye, Martha. Bye, Jon."  I exit the house and head down the stairs.

I place the toast in my mouth and grab my bike off the fence. I start wheeling it forward as the wind blows through my hair. I now get on my bike before Clark plops down behind me.

"Hey! Got extra room?" Clark asks and I crane my neck, sending him a glare and he gives me a cheeky smile.

"Have a good days, guys." Martha calls out and I share a wave with her and Jonathan.

"You're gonna be late, aren't you?" I crane my neck back to him.

"Yes." Clark nods.

"You're lucky I know a shortcut."

"This was fate."

"Ugh." I mockingly groan before he places his hands on the sides of my waist.

"This okay?"

"As long as they don't go any lower."

"This is more than enough to make me throw up."

"Right back at you." I hand him the half eaten toast and he takes it before eating it.

"I'm a lucky man." Clark places his hands back on my waist.

"And I'm a hapless woman." I start peddling at a quick pace.

"What?"

"I thought I told you to buy a dictionary."

"I did."

"Good, use it. Maybe you'll learn something."

                       •──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

"So Hera freaks out because Zeus has been two-timing her, with a mere mortal no less. So she sends a bunch of snakes to kill Hercules, who is the illegitimate babe in the cradle." I explain in one tired breath as we head out of the classroom and I see Pete and Miles looking at me in confusion. "It's just family dysfunction of Dionysian proportion." My head bobs back and forth and I start to lean towards the lockers with closed eyes.

I hear a chuckle before I'm grabbed by the shoulders and brought back to my feet. I exhale before opening my eyes.

"Thanks, Miles." I tell Clark and I continue to slowly walk.

"Sounds like these people oughta be on Ricki Lake." Pete wraps his arm around my neck.

"While I don't condone her behavior, Zeus did break his wedding vows." Chloe says.