"Hey, guys." Clark heads over. "So, what's going on?"

"Lana has a secret admirer." Chloe says.

"It's nothing." Lana shakes her head.

"What do you mean, nothing? What happened to romantic?" She sits with her on the couch.

"Just let the boy read it." Pete hands the letter to Clark.

"It's a little mushy." Clark reads it.

"I almost forgot. Clark Kent, the man of steel." Lana inquires and I share a quick look with Miles. "I'll see you guys later."

"Bye." Chloe waves.

"Bye." Pete mutters as Lana leaves.

"Agent Brady." She nudges me.

"If you ask me, it sounds more like a stalker than a secret admirer." I tell her. "Dammit, I should've taken a picture of the handwriting."

"Why?" Pete questions.

"So I can break into every teacher's classroom and go through the assignments of all the students to find a match."

"Okay, well, how do you know it's someone from school?" Chloe wonders.

"Kent said it was mushy. Nothing screams puppy love like a fifteen year old kid." I get up and exit the Torch.

"Brianna Brady, ladies and gentlemen." Miles calls out.

"Thank you." I mockingly bow before I turn and continue walking down the hallway. "Lana, hey." I catch up with her. "Don't let 'em get you down, the structure of it actually sounds really sweet."

"Thanks. That means a lot coming from you." Lana smiles.

"But you wanna hear some real poetry?"

"Sure." She chuckles.

"From the moment I met you...all those years ago...not a day has gone by when I haven't thought of you. And now that I'm with you again...I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you—I can't breathe. I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating, hoping that that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul...tormenting me."

"Brianna...that was...that was beautiful." She whispers in disbelief.

"And I meant every word of it, my lovely." I twirl her around. "So did Anakin Skywalker." I send her a wink before walking off. I make my way to my locker and put in the combination. I open it and a piece of paper falls out. It hits the floor and I pick it up. I then unfold it, noticing that it's Devin's handwriting.

When does the hurting
start, Coach?

"When should I clear my very busy schedule?" Devin heads over.

"Depends on your answer to this question." I tell him.

"Hit me."

"How did you know my locker combination?"

"I don't. Slipped it through the slots up top." He nods to the slots on top of my locker. "I promise I'm not Norman Bates."

"Only Norman Bates would say that." I cross my arms.

"Guess you got me there." He grins.

"After school? Three o'clock?"

"I'll text you."

"You don't have my number."

"I don't?"

"No." I shake my head.