Chapter 36

Rhaenyra and the others were locked up in the dungeons of the Red Keep, small children included, so Daemon, Aemond, Aegon and Jace had given him their jackets to keep warm, as the cold season was coming and the dungeons were starting to get cold.

-Grandma, what did you mean before? In what sense will a creature potentially kill us all- question Rhaena.

- Well, honey, once upon a time there was a prophecy, which over time has only become a legend. Viserys loved it, he probably told it several times to Eyra, he strongly believed in the existence of Emelyn and Daeron but never managed to prove it- explains Rhaenys.

-And you? Do you believe in their existence? - curious question Rhaena.

- I don't know, we don't have any information or evidence, only that great closed door that Viserys tried to open several times: I also helped him for this I knew about the creature. But Viserys was convinced that they really existed, he must have told these stories to Eyra. It is said that once the phoenix has resumed flying the sleeping creature awakens- narrates Rhaenys.

- What creature? - asks curious Baele detaching herself from Jace's embrace and approaching her grandmother.

-I have no idea, no one knows; it is just said to bear a strong grudge for things that happened in the past- explains Rhaenys.

- Maybe it's Viserion, that dragon is more sensitive than a woman during her bleeding- jokes Aemond, and all the boys laugh earning a look from women, this moment of happiness and carefree is interrupted by the arrival of Alicent in the dungeon.

-Have you come to finish us mother? - Aegon asks with contempt.

- No, I've come to take the children away- this is Alicent speaking.

-You will not lay a hand on my children and my nephews- Haelena speaks by standing up in front of the children.

-Do you think I'm so heartless? - shocked question Alicent.

-Well, considering you had your daughter and your nephew killed, should we think otherwise? - answers Jace.

- I don't... I convinced my father to put the children in a warm room and give you blankets for the cold. So you will stay warm and the children will sleep on a comfortable bed- explains Alicent, everyone is surprised by his behavior did not deserve that.

-The invitation is also valid for you Haelena and also for you Princess Rhaenyra; in your condition you should not be like this- explains Alicent.

-Thank you mother but I prefer to stay here with my husband, I think my sister also prefers this- replies Haelena and Rhaenyra nods.

That said, Joffrey, Agon III, Viserys II, Jaehaerys and Jaehaera were taken to their room and the remaining people were given blankets.

-The bodies have not yet been found, and not even the crowns, maybe Viserion managed to get them in time and now they are finding a strategy to free us- speaks Aemond.

-No, the currents here run in the opposite direction to the shore, probably their bodies have been pushed off, so they can't find them. Arrax was stuck in a rock, that's why they found him- explains Rhaenyra.

-Let us not delude ourselves- continues Rhaenyra, from there the silence falls, the only thing you can hear are the sobs of Haelena.

Two more weeks have passed, by now Eyra had been in Arcadia for a month and a week, she had fully entered the fifth roll of full moon; her belly was beginning to show more and more and the child had started kicking.

Now the girl was in Luke's room, who had not yet woken up and was singing him a song:

- The sky is dark and the hills are white; as the storm king speed from the north tonight. And thise is the song the storm king sings as over the world his cloak he flings;sleep, sleep, little one sleep. He rustles his wings and gruffly sing, sleeo, little on sleep -