Chapter 3

Now they were at the dragon pit where Jace was practicing with Vermax, Eyra looked at him with a lot of envy because, like her brother Aemond, she did not have a dragon; her egg had petrified making her take the nickname of the "girl with the stone dragon".

Jace was improving very quickly, after some time Eyra saw his brothers coming:

-Aemond, Aegon, what are you doing here? - ask Eyra

- We wanted to ask you the same question, but we were too busy looking for you on behalf of father- Aegon.

-Sorry, but you don't have to be my guardians and watch over me all day, then I told Mary that I was reading in the garden- Eyra replied.

- Let's calm our tempers and tones, we were just worried about you Ra- Aemond answered understanding.

- I'm sorry I worried you- replied Eyra, feeling guilty. They remained there until Jace had finished training and Vermax was put back in his grave.

The young princess saw her brother Aegon and his two grandchildren take Aemond to one side and tell him that they had found a dragon, but when Lucerys brought him, he turned out to be a pig disguised as a dragon; to say that Eyra was outraged was reductive.

-What are you thinking! Dragon poop! - the girl exclaims.

-Come on Eyra it was just a joke - Aegon replied with a mischievous grin on his face.

- Stop it Eyra, because I know you have this joke too, I don't have a dragon but at least my egg has not become stone! Aemond exclaimed with fury. The princess was shocked by what her brother had told her, she expected it from Aegon but certainly not from Aemond; His eyes started to tear and without him noticing she went to his brother and slapped him so hard that his head turned to the side.

-What the hell, Eyra? What is wrong with you? - exclaim Aemond astonished by the gesture of her sister who had always been tender and kind.

-What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! I have always supported you, I have taken your defense when you tried to claim the dragons of others and I have always consoled you; and you thank me so, believing that I may at least have thought such a thing; I hate you burns in hell! - Eyra exclaimed, and without anyone being able to answer the princess left with the tears that were pouring out of her eyes.

Shortly after, Eyra discovers, from her maid, that Aemond had tried to ride on Dreafire, the dragon of her sister Haelena, and had almost lost her skin; the girl found it a just punishment given by the gods for treating her so.

But she couldn't help but think about what Aemond had said, and she felt guilty for not being able to hatch the dragon egg, so she headed for the dragon pit in search of a new dragon to claim.