Chapter 14

It's been two years since Aemond's eye incident, Eyra's palace life hasn't been easy, his mother hated her, his brothers avoided her but, at least, she still had her father who had been close to her all along had taken care of her despite the opinion her mother had about her. But it wasn't all roses and flowers, in fact, her father's illness was progressing very quickly and he was weakening more and more, now it was Eyra who took care of him.

As for Luke, their relationship had progressed a lot Eyra was flying from Dragonstone to King's Landing every two weeks, and she stayed there for 1/2 weeks, and Luke did the same.

Both Rhaenyra and Alicent were not happy about this; Eyra was had begged her father to let her go to his sister; initially he had not allowed this but, seeing the girl so sad, Viserys consented.

So now for a year and a half was the Luke went to King's Landing at Dragonstone whereas; now, the two are in King's Landing wandering around the castle library.

- Ra, skoros issi īlon kesīr (Ra, what are we doing here) - ask Luke

- Skori ao istan zaldrīzesdōron nyke naejot se door rȳ se hen, se nyke, konīr, va nykeā qurdon jeson, nyke ūndan nykeā hen se ao'll dōrī pāsagon skoros nyke (when you were in Dragonstone I managed to open the door at the bottom of the library, and I found another library, there, on a coffee table gathering dust, I saw a sketchbook of drawings and you'll never believe what I found) - said Eyra and pulled Luke into the room, she approached an old-looking, shabby notebook, opened it in a page, and showed the boy a drawing of two young guys.

- These are the same guys in the portrait- Luke was surprised

- Yes, this handmade design is beautiful and behind there is also an inscription "I hope you will like it, will not be at all like the gift you gave me but it is made with the heart, for my dragon from E.S" - reads Eyra.

- Who is E.S, the girl in the painting was not Daeron's wife? - curious question Luke.

- Probably his name as an unmarried woman, perhaps his father's surname; I have already seen these initials in my room. They are embroidered on a handkerchief that found in the bottom of the closet - said Eyra

- Sure those two look really in love, don't you think Ra? - chiede Luke

- Yes, they are beautiful together - replies Eyra

- We'd better go before my father sends a search party for us - says the girl; before they can get out of the room they hear a loud thud turn around and see an earth book.

- did you put something, or, fell alone - scared question Luke

- I didn't do anything - Eyra replies in awe; the two guys went to collect the book.

Its cover was thick red leather, a leather never seen and touched, before there was no title just a sun-shaped clasp with decorations inside and the corners were adorned with skulls.

Eyra picked up book was about to open it when he heard rumors:

- Princess Eyra, Prince Luke, where are you? - question Ser Erwin, the princess's personal guard.

- Jeez, it's Ser Erwin, quick out of here, we'll look at the book tonight in my room - said Eyra quickly; the two just had time to close the door of the room they saw Ser Erwin coming out of the corner

- Where have you been? - says the guard.

- Excuse me Ser Erwin we have this knowledge of time by reading books - continues innocent Eyra making sure that the guard did not see book.

- you are forgiven, I don't tell your father, but you shouldn't be alone with nobody with you. People have a lot of bad things to talk about - concluded Erwin.

- Yes, people are mean when they want to; it will never happen again, I promise - says Luke.

- on now go, that's dinner time - concludes Erwin.

The dinner passes quickly, Eyra and Luke do nothing but laugh and joke and hold hands under the table; it's time to go to bed, everyone is heading to the rooms until Eyra is restrained by the queen. 

- How many times have I told you to cover that scar - Alicent noted

- How many times have I said I don't care what other stupid lords think of me? - replied Eyra in tone.

- Don't you dare answer me like that, or you'll end up like that again - replies Alicent

- and who forgets last time. You turned my wrist - Eyra pointed out, but in return, he got a slap in the face.

- You are a coward, try to do it when dad is around and you will certainly lose your hands - continues Eyra. Instead of answering her, Alicent slaps her in the face and, without saying anything, leaves.

Eyra, crying, heads to her rooms; when she enters, she finds Lucerys sitting on her bed, who as soon as he sees her, runs worried to her.

-Eyra, what the hell happened- worried question Luke.

-Nothing just my mother and her fixed beauty- the girl responds by trying to cover her scar.

- Hey don't you dare cover it up, you were beautiful before and you are even now, by the way it is the testimony of what Aemond did to you - says Luke taking the girl's face and giving her a slight kiss on the lips.

-Now let's not think about this, rather, let's read the diary we found today- says Luke dragging Eyra to bed.

The two opened the diary and immediately noticed the dedication:

-To Daeron and Emelyn, may this diary contain all your most beautiful memories, with affection Aegon- read Eyra

-Do you think it was Aegon the conqueror who made the gift? - question Luke.

- Because if, we made the discovery of the century, that way we could also explain the color of my hair so people would stop calling us bastards- excitedly exclaims Luke.

- Luke, I don't think anyone would believe us if we told them that we had found proof of the existence of Daeron Targaryen. Besides, you know that even if I was a bastard I'd still love you, right? - says Eyra.

- I know, no one would believe it. I love you too- Luke answers.

-By force we go to sleep that it is late- says Eyra

The two boys went to sleep, one of the arms of the other, unaware that someone was watching them from the secret passage that was in the princess's room.