Cassius and Rimuru, Lizardmen envoy. (Rewritten)

This ch features tons of POV switches between Rimuru and Cassius and a Gabiru who isn't a dumbass, E n j o y.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rimuru's POV:

This is... Infuriating.

Even though I have Souei for investigation, I have to do this myself!

That damned vampire, he has been more active recently, I know it!

Cassius's POV:

This is... Very comforting.

I do refuse to attack any of his subordinates, since I don't bother with weaklings, but no movement from his side has been made.

Perhaps he's more active now? Maybe I could meet him again...

Rimuru's POV:

But my chances of meeting him are slim, taking into account how big this forest is.

Unless he has a detecting skill, he won't be able to find me so easily. Besides, I can fully conceal my aura to the point no one would be able to detect it, so unless you pay close attention to the movement of the air, you won't be able to spot me.

Cassius's POV:

Chances to meet him again are quite high, even with such a big forest.

It won't be hard using my detecting skill to find him, but I wish to avoid any direct confrontation with him at the moment. Even if he has his aura fully concealed, the movement of the air's direction will be enough to give an hint that he's nearby.

Rimuru's POV:

That aside, knowing the orc lord, where would I expect it to be?

If it truly wishes to devour everything in it's path, then it would head to a population it can defeat and outnumbers... The Lizardman.

Rimuru: Hollow Style: Pathway to Muu

It wasn't the form of a sword, but the form of utilizing your footwork in certain patterns to Traverse more quickly as well as confuse your opponent. It's made for weird movements to trick your opponent in thinking your going in one direction before switching to another and repeating, but here I simply utilized it to cover more distance. I need to find out more regarding the Orc Lord... If it is a threat that can be ignored, then perhaps Cassius won't go after it.

Cassius's POV:

If I were to guess, the orc Lord would attack an area it could handle on its own. In that case, the best option would either be a small tribe of the ogres, or the lizardmen.

Assuming the Orc Lord is nothing much, taking into account that it just appeared a few days ago, then I won't have to deal with fodder like that and could just dump it's responsibility on the slime.

Rimuru's POV:

But from my analysis from before, he's the type to not let go of even the slightest boost of power...

Dammit! At this rate, it's just a gamble between the two of us.

However...

Cassius's POV:

Buttttt, if I were to leave the orc lord to the slime, wouldn't he get stronger?

Well, it depends on how he wishes to approach it, it's just a gamble.