Stop Staring

Your eyes were captured as you glanced across at Yoongi in response to the sound of him typing on his keyboard. He was in his element, the rest of the world shut out, including you, as he tried to add the finishing touches to the song that he had been working on for the past couple of weeks.

You had shown up to the studio, mainly just for moral support for Yoongi, but it had soon been you that started to watch him instead. Yoongi had unknowingly started to place a bit of distance between the two of you, when he found something clicking, he grabbed it with both hands and switched off to the rest of the world.

It was a habit of his that you admired more than you got angry at. Whatever you had to say to him could save, but the last thing that you ever wanted to do was get in the way and stop him from being able to remember the idea that had popped into his head.

Whilst you watched Yoongi in his own little world, you had no idea that you had slipped into a bit of a world away yourself. Your eyes were watching, but there was nothing else going on as only one thing seemed to capture your focus.

As Yoongi turned around to talk to you, he quickly realised what had captured your focus too.

All he did was turn round to check on you, but as he opened his mouth to speak, he realised that he wasn't going to get very far. He moved his chair a little bit closer to you, but still there was nothing, not until he waved his hand in front of your face and finally watched as your eyes blinked several times, coming back into the room.

"Stop staring at me," Yoongi chuckled as you looked at him again, this time as if there was someone there, and not someone who was lost dreaming away all to themselves.

A shy smile formed on your face as you realised that Yoongi was no longer focused on the software in front of him, but on you instead. You didn't quite know where to look, not least because somehow you had been found out.

"I hope you were dreaming about good things," Yoongi added when you remained silent. Your head rested in your hands, letting go of a muffled groan as he laughed in front of you, satisfied by how embarrassed you seemed to be.

You had no idea that you had slipped so far out of the room, trying to remember at what point you stopped paying attention, but no exact moment seemed to come to mind.

"I was about to tell you that I think I've finished editing the bridge of the song if you want to listen," he informed you as you separated your fingers to look at Yoongi through the gaps. "Unless you're going to start staring again."

Your head shook as he pushed his chair even closer towards you, his hands coming down to rest against the top of your legs. You were flustered to say the least, wishing the ground would swallow you up because of the close proximity between you both.

As soon as your eyes looked across at Yoongi properly, your head shook. "You can stop smiling so widely," you told him, drawn straight away to the smug smile that he wore as he watched you awkwardly sit in your chair.

"How can I not enjoy the fact that I caught you staring at me?" Yoongi innocently asked you.

"It's your fault for inviting me to come here you know."

"You were supposed to be here to help me," he reminded you, "not sit and daydream."

Your hand hit gently over the top of his that was resting against your leg, continuing to squeeze you softly. As much as Yoongi loved to tease you, he was also incredibly touched that you were so fascinated by him too.

"If you're going to tease me, I can just go home," you threatened.

Yoongi's head shook back to you, bringing you close enough so that he could finally wrap his arms around you. The last thing that he wanted to do was spend the rest of his day lazing around at the studio getting things done all by himself.

"You're adorable," he whispered into your ear as your head rested against his shoulder. Several pecks against your cheek soon followed as he silently convinced you to stay.

"Stop being nice to me, it doesn't suit you," you joked in reply to Yoongi, pressing your hand against his chest. "I'm not going anywhere so you don't have to try and sweet talk me into staying," you added, much to Yoongi's relief as he pulled the two of you in the direction of his desk.

After untangling his arms from around you, Yoongi started to load up the software so that he could show you what it was that he wanted to show you before you started staring. Once it was ready, he waved his hand in front of your face, just to make sure that you hadn't started staring again.

As he did, your hand hit against his stomach as he couldn't stop himself from messing with you again, glad to see that this time around you were still very much in the room.

His free hand soon rested against the spot that you had hit against his chest. "What did I do to deserve that?" He innocently smiled, shaking his head in your direction as your shoulders shrugged in response to him. "

Your stare was bold back across at him, "you knew exactly what you did. How long are you going to tease me for the fact that you caught me staring at you once?"

"I reckon I could carry this on for a while," he confidently replied, "it's not my fault that you looked so cute lost in your own little world."

"Have I ever told you how annoying you are?"

Yoongi's head shook in reply to you, "you don't find me annoying; you adore me, I mean that's why you were staring at me, right?"

Your eyes rolled as once again Yoongi managed to bring the conversation back to you staring at him. You dreaded to think about how long he would end up dragging it out, he could be stubborn at the best of times, let alone with something that made him so happy.

"I think I might just never look in your direction again so that you can't think that I'm staring at you," you told him, "just save myself the hassle from you."

"I bet that you wouldn't be able to last an hour," he firmly challenged you.

Your eyebrows raised as he threw down his prediction, never one to back away from a challenge. "Why don't we see?" You asked him, "for the next hour in this studio I will do anything but look across at you."

"You're on," Yoongi firmly agreed, "but after you listen to this bridge that I've created, I bet you'll be staring at me in awe like you were only a few minutes ago."

Whilst Yoongi could be stubborn, so could you. There was no way that you were going to let him win, no matter how much it took out of you. He wanted the satisfaction, but you weren't going to give it to him.

"Let's start from now," you told him, "my eyes are on the ground."

"They'll be on me in no time."

————