Late Night Cuddles

You knew as soon as he walked through the door it had been one of those days, the way his shoulders dropped and his bottom lip stuck out where all the signs you needed to know that Yoongi was in desperate need of you.

Straight away you appeared before him, intertwining your hand with his and squeezing it gently, the first step of many to try and distract him from all the negatives that had come with his day.

He was quickly led up the stairs by you, guided into the bedroom and made to sit down on the bed whilst you slid his trainers off his feet, encouraging him to take off his shirt and swap into one of his hoodies that you pulled out from his wardrobe.

The silence was comfortable, as it always was between the two of you, sometimes no words were needed, your relationship was tight enough to know exactly how the other was feeling without needing to overshare.

Once he was changed, you swapped yourself into something more comfortable before laying down on the bed, pulling him down so he was laid beside you.

"Thank you," he barely whispered, curling his body so that you could wrap your arms around his frame, resting your arms over his waist. You hummed in response, not wanting to create too much noise, quiet and calmness were the two things you knew he valued more than anything after a day of craziness.

Your hands traced around his waist where the jumper had lifted, tickling against his soft skin providing him with a stimulant to get lost in. You could feel his body relax under your touch, settling into his pillow allowing his eyes to close.

He never understood how you managed to read him so well, he always thought of himself as a pretty closed book, yet every time he was down you knew exactly what he needed to pick him up and help him to forget everything about his day.

After a few moments, you peered forwards to see his eyes fluttering shut, you smiled at the sight as his lips slightly parted, his light breaths making the tiniest bit of noise in the otherwise silent room, embracing the effect that your touch had over him.

You allowed your lips to dance gently along the side of his face, working along his jaw before landing against his neck, pecking lightly against the delicate skin that had been exposed.

The corners of his mouth turned up into a smile as he quickly became sensitive to the feel of your touch against that part of his skin for a very long time. He was desperate to sleep and ignore it but how could he? The feel of having you so close was so nice, he felt safe and secure allowing him to forget all about his torrid day.

"You've never done that," his voice lowly pointed out, taking you by surprise.

"I can stop if you want me to," you replied, but his head shook, encouraging you to continue. You did as he said, hearing light giggles escape from him as you tickled into the crook of his neck where the ends of his hair always curled.

You knew as he began to perk back up he was about to offload all about his day, it was always the way with Yoongi, once he felt happier in himself he was able to find the courage to talk and admit all about his lost feelings.

"I'm so fed up with spending long hours at work and feeling like I get nothing from it," he finally confessed, resting his hand over yours that held tightly around his waist.

Once he began, he often couldn't stop letting you know how nothing he worked on throughout the day went to plan, how people were disappointed in him that he was yet to come forward with material suitable for the album when he'd already had a generous amount of time to work on it.

"That's hardly your fault Yoongi."

But he thought it was. You cringed as he began to tear himself down, your pecks against his neck were now coupled with singular tears as you listened to him beat away at all the things that hadn't gone right, questioning why he was so incapable of doing such a good job.

It was only because he felt so safe with you that he let everything go so easily, around everyone else he always stayed silent not wanting to let anyone in, but with you, he knew he could trust you and that you'd always be there to offer him all the advice that he needed.

When he finally went quiet, you let him calm down for a few moments before clearing your throat, peering past his shoulders to see the redness in his cheeks, and his eyes watering.

"No one can pressure you to do anything Yoongi, work takes time, surely everyone knows that. If you went to them with a song tomorrow that you'd rushed they'd be furious, I'm sure they'd rather you took your time and worked on it," you tried to tell him.

"Do you know how long I've been working on it?" He questioned.

You sighed softly, "I don't, but I can tell that it's probably not working because you're putting too much pressure on yourself to get it done rather than letting it happen naturally."

"I normally get things done by now."

He was a victim of his own judgement so often, you knew that work would only be so angry, but most of that anger instead stemmed from all the pressure he placed on his own shoulders.

"Exactly, you normally get things done by now, it's just this time things are taking a little longer," you comforted, "just try and forget about it for tonight and relax here at home, because there's nothing you can do about it right now, is there?"

"No," he whispered, pulling you tighter around his body, "but if you want me to relax, can you go back to kissing my neck because it felt really nice?" You chuckled, pecking his cheek gently before moving back down to his neck.

His eyes closed once more, savouring the security he felt of having you by him, allowing his clouded mind to clear and focus on something a lot less stressful.

"The world doesn't expect as much of you as you think it does sometimes," you told him in between kisses, "no one would be disappointed in you."

"But I'd be disappointed in myself."

His high standards he set himself so often felt ludicrous to you, whilst you understood that he felt the pressure and he had to execute his job well, he always felt like he had to do too much more than what people wanted of him.

"You should learn to be proud of yourself Yoongi, just like how I always am of you."

He nodded once again, stretching his legs out feeling the coolness of the mattress against his skin, feeling your legs intertwine with his.

It took him a moment to regain himself, no matter how many times you told him that you were proud of yourself, you questioned how well he truly listened. He never understood how he made you proud, but you always let him know that he did.

"Tomorrow you can face work again with a clear mind," you encouraged, tickling against his hips gently.

His voice was barely a murmur as you realised that sleep was beginning to strike him, you'd be lying if you said you weren't glad, he'd barely slept in weeks.

With one final kiss into his neck, you moved away from his body, "goodnight Yoongi, sleep well."