My Bias

All night his eyes had been on you, watching you scan the room and chat with your fellow artists, praying somehow, you'd find your way into his direction. It had been months since he'd last seen you, well, watched your interview from an old red-carpet interview.

The noise was deafening as you walked down the carpet, posing for a few photos before being guided towards one of the interviewers who stood behind the barrier. You knew what most of the noise was for as soon as the news got out BTS would be in attendance the event became a red-hot ticket.

You took a moment to straighten your dress and adjust your hair before welcoming questions, the usual ones about your new album and how you were feeling about being at the event.

"Of course, everyone knows that BTS is here tonight, have you ever met the band before?" She asked, taking you slightly by surprise.

"I haven't, but if I ever got the chance it would be a great honour," you smiled, hoping you'd answered the question as best as you could.

Judging by the smile on her face you knew the questioning wasn't over yet, most media platforms got their views just by the mention of BTS, so if she could extract some more information from you it would definitely do their social media content the world of good.

You tried to make sure you didn't let it affect you as you gave your own personal insight on Dynamite, recommending the song with a genuine smile on your face.

"I'm sure both sets of fans would love to know if you have a BTS bias?" She then asked.

Your eyes widened, "I suppose I do have a favourite member."

The glare she sent you was enough for you to know you were expected to continue, your attempts to swerve the question had failed, the situation was one you were going to fall into now.

You cleared your throat, looking nervously to the floor, "I've always kept a close eye on their member, Yoongi. I find him really intriguing and he's got a great talent for song writing and producing. I listened to his recent release and I have to say I was very impressed, he's much more than a handsome face, I've a lot of respect for him."

He'd watched the interview over more times than he'd admit, hearing you speak so admirably about him made him determined to one day find the time to meet you properly. He hadn't prepared, however, to see you tonight as the evening began to get loud.

"Go over," Namjoon encouraged from beside him, following to where his gaze fell.

"How can I?"

"Have a bit of confidence," he smiled, "you already know that she likes you, so it's not going to be bad."

Yoongi huffed, sighing in defeat, he scrapped his chair back, adjusting his suit jacket before walking through the crowds to where you stood, tapping against your shoulder. His body froze as you spun around, yelping as you realised who you were face to face with.

"Sorry, I just really wanted to come over and say hello," he smiled, folding his arms across his chest, "I didn't mean to make you jump or anything like that."

You nodded, the corners of your mouth turning up, "there's no need to apologise, I was just a bit surprised to see it was you, that's all."

Straight away your mind raced back to the interview and all the things you'd said, if he had even the slightest clue about what you'd said it would be mortifying, speaking so frankly about someone that you'd never even met before.

Neither of you wanted to bring it up wondering how the other felt, instead opting to stand awkwardly as you waited, and hoped, that the other would make the first move.

"I'm a big fan of yours," Yoongi muttered, breaking the silence.

As soon as he heard you were performing at the awards show this evening he was desperate to be there, he'd seen plenty of your performances online but there was always something so much more special when he watched a song performed in person. For him, by far, it was bound to be the highlight of his evening.

"Oh, thank you. I'm a fan of yours too, your music is really good," you replied, "your fans are always tweeting me telling me that I should listen to your stuff."

"Yeah, I've heard quite a lot that you like my music."

"It's good," you nervously spoke, "you're a great talent."

His body tensed up at your words, the same words you'd used to speak about him in the interview, he was surprised to hear you speak so honestly.

"I'm just going to say it, I saw the interview you gave about me."

Your eyes widened in horror as Yoongi sighed in relief to have finally told you. Instantly you wanted to run away and hide but that would have made things all the worse for yourself, especially when you'd probably already humiliated yourself enough in front of Yoongi.

"I promise I'm not usually that cringy, the interviewer really did just put me completely on the spot."

His head shook, resting his hand against your arm, "please, it wasn't cringy. It was nice to hear someone speak so kindly about me, it was actually what made me notice you. I've listened to a lot of your music since then, you're a great talent too."

"I wasn't expecting you to tell me that."

You were relieved more than anything that perhaps you hadn't made a complete fool of yourself in front of Yoongi, and maybe the two of you were getting on quite well.

"So, seeing as, according to that interview, I was a handsome face, maybe you'd fancy getting a drink once all of this is over tonight? You mentioned that you liked my song writing, so maybe we could have a bit of a session together? See if we can come up with a track or something?"

"I'm sure you're far too busy to spend time with me."

"Nonsense," he laughed, "I don't know about you, but all these crowded places really aren't my thing, I much prefer getting out of here."

"They're not my favourite things."

Before you could protest, Yoongi had given you directions on where to meet him once the awards show was over, allowing you to go back to your seat, and himself joining Namjoon, as staff began to usher everyone back to their seats.

Namjoon smiled as Yoongi approached, "it certainly looked like it went well for you."

"I think it did," he blushed, taking a sip of his drink, "and I didn't even end up embarrassing myself."

"That's a win!"

Yoongi sat back with a smile as the night went through. His highlight? Your performance, of course, blushing as your eyes made contact with him in the middle of the chorus, quickly looking away once you realised, he was staring right back at you.

"If you're really going to sit here and tell me you don't fancy her by the way you're looking at her, you're lying," Namjoon whispered across to him.

"Am I making it that obvious?"

"Yeah," he stated, "but I reckon she probably fancies you too, so there's nothing for you to worry about there."

"You really think so?" He asked hopefully, "you think she likes me?"

"Yeah, I really do. She said you were her bias after all."