A Christmas Proposal

Instantly his figure shrunk as the door opened and the gust of cool air hit you both, his hand gripped onto yours a little bit tighter as you gasped in delight, ignoring the cool breeze, enjoying the sounds of your feet crunching into the icy layer that had been left across the floor.

You pulled Yoongi out of the door, giggling at his mundane expression, using your spare hand to tug his beanie further onto his head to try and warm him up.

"Are you sure we couldn't find a warmer day to do this?" He questioned, but your head shook.

Very little could excite you more than walks in the winter, the sounds, the feel, the aesthetics, everything fell perfectly into place for your favourite time of year. Whilst Yoongi was a little more reluctant, it never stopped him from walking by your side, treasuring all the little memories that the two of you made together.

"I really want to show you my place," you told him, pulling him away from your parent's home, onwards into the woodland that was only a brisk walk down the road.

This Christmas marked your first with Yoongi visiting your family, after many spent together at home in Seoul, and last year enjoying time in Daegu, you were beyond excited to introduce him into your world and show him all of your traditions.

"It's a lot colder here than it is at home," he whispered from beside you, tightly holding onto your gloved hand, you stared down at the hold that he had, noting the turn in colour of his pale hand, matching that of the beanie you wore on your head.

"When I told you that you'd need gloves, I really wasn't joking."

You'd spent most of the week before your trip repacking Yoongi's suitcase to suit the weather, he was used to warm summer sunshine, tees, and shorts, but this holiday was far too different.

He was relieved to stop as the two of you reached the woodland, sitting down on a large log that sat in the middle of a forest of trees. Your legs stretched out, wiggling them around to generate a bit of heat and warm yourself up.

With your hands, you moved up and down along Yoongi's hands trying to bring the natural colour back to them, pinching against his cheeks to hide the blush that was blossoming.

"I used to come here all the time as a child," you told him, taking a good look around.

Times were usually spent here when they were much simpler, when all you had to worry about what was time you had to be home for dinner, or how much snow it would take to finish the snowman you and your friends had spent hours building.

"We used to sit and make snow angels and snowmen, these logs used to be our barriers for our snowball fights, where you're sitting now, I fell from there once after a snowball hit me too hard," you reminisced, hearing his sniggers from beside you.

He could picture you perfectly, Christmas had always been your favourite time of year, even as an adult he'd learnt how important memories were for you over the festive period and how much you enjoyed messing around and having fun.

"On Christmas morning we'd all meet here in between opening presents and having Christmas dinner, mum got annoyed with me once because I lost the teddy she'd just bought me whilst I was trying to catch a snowflake," you added.

"It's beautiful here," his voice whispered, his hand intertwining with yours, giving it a gentle squeeze.

Perhaps it wasn't like the old times, just like you your friends had moved on and found new places to call home, but bringing Yoongi into one of your favourite spots made you feel like a child all over again.