A Decoration For One More

It was the time of year the two of you always looked forward to every year, on the tenth day before Christmas you'd always begin to decorate your home as Yoongi finally celebrated being home for the holidays.

Yoongi had done most of the hard work, finding all the boxes of decorations that you left scattered around the house for the rest of the year whilst you made space beside your fireplace for the tree to go.

As was tradition, you had his phone connected to the speakers so you could play Christmas songs, singing and dancing around the house until you were sure you had everything that you needed in the living room with you.

You began with the tinsel, placing it all around the house, anywhere that you could find where it looked pretty, you'd fill the gap. Yoongi was left to do as he was told by you, you were much better than he was at finding places around the house for the decorations anyway.

Once the tinsel was done the two of you began on the tree, pulling all the branches down so they filled the tree whilst Yoongi unpackaged the many boxes of baubles the two of you had collected over the years.

"Do you think this year is the year we throw a few of these out?" He asked.

Your head shook, picking out your personal favourites first and placing them around the tree, wherever they looked the best. Yoongi began to hook the baubles up and pass them to you to place where you saw fit.

"Every year you suggest that, and every year I tell you no. We'll find a place for every bauble on this tree somehow," you informed him.

"If you fill the tree with all these baubles no one will actually be able to see the tree," he challenged.

"It'll be fine, just trust in me, don't I do a good job of the tree ever year?" You asked, proudly smiling as he nodded back at you. "We need to make room for something anyway, so they'll be plenty of gaps on the tree, don't worry."

He trusted in you always, passing you a bauble as and when required until the whole tree was full. You were right, there were just a few gaps remaining, but only very small ones.

"What about there?" Yoongi asked as he pointed to a much bigger gap you'd left directly in the middle of the tree. "Why don't you move one of those other ones around?"

"Because I have something to fill it, let me just go and get it."

You walked up the stairs to your bedroom, opening up your nightstand and pulling out the decoration that you'd made especially for this Christmas. You couldn't help but smile every time you looked down at it, hoping that Yoongi would love it just as much as you would.

"We're going to need to make some room for some decorations next Christmas," you told him as you walked back down the stairs, "because I think we'll have some new ones to buy."

He watched as you walked back into the room with your hands placed behind your back making sure he couldn't see. The smile you had was replaced by a slightly anxious expression as he tried to figure out exactly what it was that you were hiding from him.

"I just said to you that we should throw out some of the decorations and you said no, but when you suggest we throw out some decorations we should do it?" He asked, rolling his eyes as your head nodded. "Sometimes you're absolutely impossible, do you know that?"

You chuckled lightly, moving across the room to stand in front of him. "There's a reason behind why I said it though, you just want to make bit of room in the garage."

"What's so important about your reason that beats the garage?" He questioned.

He watched closely as you brought the decoration from around your back and hung it delicately on the tree. "My reason is I'm pregnant Yoongi, we're going to need some decorations for our child."

"You're actually pregnant?" He asked, pressing his hand against your tummy, little giggles escaping. "This isn't some sort of prank is it, this is definitely real?"

You nodded as he tilted the decoration up to see. A picture was placed in a Christmas frame, but it wasn't just any picture, it was the picture from your scan a couple of weeks ago, the first that allowed you to see your child in real life.

"I don't even know what to say, how long have you known about this?" He queried, wrapping his free arm tightly around your waist.

"Only a couple of weeks, do you remember when I was really ill a while back? The doctor thinks that was because I was pregnant."

"And you thought you just had the winter cold?"

"I did," you laughed, "but it turns out I was creating our little one. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I just really wanted the moment to be special for us both."

His head shook, none of that mattered at all to him now, he couldn't not be happy knowing he was going to become a dad. It was all the two of you had talked about for months, how ready you were to start your own family and look to take the next step in your lives together.

"I don't even know what to say aside from thank you," he blushed, pecking your cheek. "I can't even believe we're having a baby, it's like our own little Christmas miracle. All we've wanted all year round, and then finally at the most special time of year it finally happens for the both of us."

"We've still got a long way to go yet, I'm only a few weeks along Yoongi."

He didn't care as long as your child was healthy, and you were feeling better too. "Next year we'll get to do all of this with a baby, how crazy is that to think about? And there I was thinking that nothing was more important than tidying the garage, you've definitely topped that this time around."

As much as you wanted to tell him from the moment you found out, you didn't want to just tell him over dinner or when he came home from the studio, the two of you had spent so long falling in love with Christmas together, there really didn't feel like a better time.

"Maybe we should give people the scan photos for Christmas," he suggested.

"We've got everyone presents for this year, plus I really want to see everyone's reactions, especially the boys, their faces will be an absolute picture."

"Well we're spending Christmas Eve with them," he reminded you, "maybe we could put them in the stocking fillers that we make every year, at least then we'd get to see their faces."

"That might not be such a bad idea, I'm sure we can get some more made up."

As he said that, you reached into your back pocket and pulled out the reel of photos you'd been given, since the moment you were handed them you never let them out of your sight in case Yoongi spotted them.

"Mum and dad are going to be so excited too, they've been asking when we're going to have a baby for so long," he chuckled, smiling just at the thought.

"We've probably got a free day somewhere before Christmas where we can try and visit, even if it's a bit of a road trip, I'd hate to tell them over the phone," you smiled, resting your hand against his chest. "And finally, they'll stop pressuring you so much too."

He nodded, "maybe I should wait until the next time they ask, then instead of saying no, I can show them the scan photo, there's so many ways to tell people."

"Now do you see why I had such a struggle. There were so many moments when I thought it would be perfect to tell you."

He chuckled, looking at the decoration, he was sure you'd found the perfect moment for him. "I wouldn't have cared when you told me, you could have told me on the toilet and I still wouldn't have been just as excited. I'm just looking forward to the next few months with you."

"Me too, it's going to the best time, and we'll have our family complete at the end of it."

"Exactly, it's all that I've ever wanted."