Piano

summary: despite the piano in your home being yoongi's pride and joy, he can't help but let you have a go when you check up on him late at night

As you made your way across to the piano, you draped your hand against Yoongi's shoulder, watching as his fingers danced across the keys, finishing off the tune that had come to mind.

"What are you still doing up?" Yoongi asked, finishing his song and tilting his head back to be able to look up at you, noticing you wrapped up comfortably in your pyjamas.

His smile was wide, having fun doing music without any pressure for a little while and allowing the creative juices flow for him.

As he lifted his hand up though, it reached around for yours, twirling you around his frame and inviting you in to see in his lap, snuggling you into his chest.

"Will you keep me company for a little while?" He hopefully asked you, pressing down on a couple of the keys again.

The corners of your mouth turned up as you reached forward too and pressed a random key to hear what note it made, "as long as you promise to come to bed soon and not work yourself all night long."

Yoongi's head nodded in agreement with your proposal, watching on with a grin as intrigue got the better of you and encouraged you to press a couple more random keys, surprised by the notes that they made.

"Why don't you try and play something? Just let your hands guide you," he suggested, keen to take a break himself from playing on the piano for a little while."

Anxious eyes looked down at Yoongi, knowing how much of a pride and joy his piano was for you. "Can you trust me to play on this thing? I wouldn't want to break anything."

"You'd have to do something pretty drastic to break it."

It was clear to you straight away that Yoongi had obviously never seen you play the piano before, left surprised as you pressed a few of the keys, coming up with an awful tune.

It was enough to make the two of you flinch, breaking off into giggles once you had finished mucking around, confirming your thoughts that the piano wasn't for you.

"Maybe I should leave it to the professionals," you suggested.

Yoongi didn't want to guilt you, but that didn't stop him nodding back at you, "why don't I show you how its' done?"

"Can you play this whilst I'm sat here on you?"

"Of course, having you here helps anyway."