Telling Him You're Pregnant

You could hear him shout your name as he walked out of his studio, running down the stairs, he spotted you sat out on the sofa with a blanket wrapped tightly around your body. He paused for a moment, watching as you slowly turned around to look at him.

"Hey," you smiled, covering much of your face with the material of the blanket so he couldn't see you.

He slowly walked around the sofa to sit down beside you, resting his hand against your foot. Straight away, he could tell you'd been crying, your cheeks were still slightly red, and your eyes still had the remnants of your tears lingering.

"Did you get done what you wanted to?" You asked, trying to stop him from asking the question you could see threatening on his lips.

"Yeah, I got it all done," he hummed. As much as he didn't want to bring it up, the panic in his heart stopped him. "Has something happened whilst I was working? Because you look like you've been crying for some reason Y/N."

Your head shook, biting down hard on your lip to stop yourself from getting overwhelmed again, feeling the rest he had over your feet tighten once again.

"You can't lie to me, I know you too well to believe that nothing has happened," he sighed, desperately pleading with you to open up to him, "is it something I'm going to be annoyed about or upset by?"

"I don't know, it depends which way you look at it."

You only confused him further, watching as his eyebrows knitted together trying to figure out what was going on. He was entirely lost at what could have triggered your tears, or how in the matter of a couple of hours something could have gone so wrong for you.

"Regardless of what it is, I'm not going to be angry or upset, I just want to know what it is so that I can help you," he assured you.

You knew Yoongi wasn't going to drop things, so you threw the blanket off your body and made your way over to the dressing table. You pulled the top drawer open, grabbing what you wanted before closing the drawer back up. His eyes watched you closely as you approached him, placing the problem into his hands.

"You're pregnant," he whispered, taking a look at the pregnancy test you'd passed to him. "Did you think I'd be upset about this?" He asked, encouraging you to sit back beside him. "I'm thrilled that you're pregnant, I'd never be mad," he spoke, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

You quickly wiped underneath your eye as a tear rolled down the other cheek, "I'm scared to be pregnant in the world we live in Yoongi, this isn't how I wanted pregnancy to be."

"The pandemic?" He asked, as your head nodded, flinching just at the mention of the word.

His arm wrapped around you, pulling you into his chest. "It's such a scary time, and I'm going to have to give birth in hospital."

"But you'll be safe," he reminded you, kissing gently against the side of your head, "and I'll be there with you the entire time, there's nothing for you to worry about, we'll be cautious."

Your heart pounded just thinking about the next few months ahead of you, the uncertainty of every day that came with it. "I thought things would be better by now, but they're not. I don't want to bring a baby into such a crazy world, how can I do it."

"You'll be okay," he continued to assure you, using the pads of his thumbs to wipe away your tears, "I'm scared too, but it'll all work out."

"I'm supposed to be happy right now, but instead I'm freaking out. This wasn't how I imagined finding out I was pregnant to turn out."
Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle, if he were honest, neither could he. He was scared too; everyone was scared of the current ways of the world. But he knew whatever the circumstances, the two of you would be alright, so long as you looked after yourselves and the new life you were creating.

"It's going to be different, and it's something new for everyone, but all the people that are going to help us along the way know exactly what they're doing. Thousands of couples are in our position too, I'm sure there's so many other mums who don't know what's coming either."

"Why did I say yes to sex over the lockdown, this is all your fault."

His head shook, watching as a light giggle came from you. "I don't know if you've forgotten, but it takes two people to make a baby, so you're definitely at fault too. But just think about what will come at the end of it, we'll have our own child."

The subject of kids had been broached a few times by both of you, whilst you weren't desperate for it to happen straight away, if it did happen, neither of you would be disappointed. You knew your relationship was in a place to think hard about the future and settling down together.

"There's nothing to be scared off, we can't let the future define everything."

"I know, but I just wish somehow there was some sort of sign of what to expect, something to let us know what would happen."

"I wish that could happen too," he agreed, "but we can't not enjoy pregnancy because of all of this, we just have to make the most of our situation," he encouraged, resting his hand over your tummy.

It was the first time his hand had rested there since he discovered what was there, already his mind began to think about all the changes your body would undertake in the next few months.

"I can't believe we're actually having a baby," he laughed, "looking at you now, no one would know, but in a month or so you're going to have such a beautiful bump, and we'll be able to feel our baby kicking, and we can talk to them too, how magical is that to think about?"

"It's alright for you, I've got to worry about morning sickness, sleepless nights, all the pain, you just get to sit back and relax."

His head shook immediately, "if you think for a second, I'm going to let you go through any of this alone, you're very wrong indeed. We're going to be a team throughout all of this."

"I just wish we could meet them now; I don't want to go through all the worries and fears, I just want to have our baby with us."

You knew the world had always been unpredictable, but never to the extent it currently was. The two of you had a long road to endure, and day by day was a new adventure of uncertainty and discovery, but so long as you had each other, you were confident that whatever path the world took, the two of you would be just fine.

"We've only got a few months, it'll fly by, and before we know it, we'll be parents."

"We'll be mum and dad, how crazy is that!"