You Take Care Of Him After His Surgery

You called out his name as soon as you stepped into the house, glancing through all the rooms for where he'd be, finding himself sat at his desk, with his keyboard in front of him. His head spun around as soon as he heard you walk into the room, smiling softly as he placed his phone down.

"What have you been up to you?" You asked, walking up to stand behind him, placing your hand against his painless shoulder, "you've not been working yourself too hard working on new songs?"

His head shook, shuffling along the small bench he sat on to make room for you. You leant against the bench making sure he had enough room to be comfortable, feeling his hand rest over your thigh, allowing you to look at what'd he'd done.

"I tried to come up with a few things, but it's so much harder than I imagined only being able to do it with one arm," he frowned, pushing the pad of paper away from him.

"I know it's hard, but you know that it'll get easier with a bit of time and recovery."

Your heart broke watching him as he tried to get on with his days as best, he could, even the smallest of jobs had been hindered by his surgery. And even though he knew it was for the best, he couldn't help but feel so helpless as he sat around and let everyone else take care of him.

"Have you eaten much today?" You continued to question, noticing an empty water bottle beside his computer. "I did leave some food in the fridge for you, did you see it?"

His head shook, he'd seen the food, but he couldn't bring himself to eat it. "I need to be stricter with my diet, so I thought I'd just wait for you to get home instead, and maybe you can help me cook."

"There's no way I'm letting you cook Yoongi," you quickly told him, shutting all ideas of the possibility down. "You probably shouldn't even be working on your music, but you're too stubborn to listen to what people tell you. The surgeon told you to rest, and that's what you need to do."

His head slowly nodded, as much as he didn't want to hear it. He hated being such a burden on your life, he hated the dependency he needed to have on you when usually he was able to take care of himself with no problem at all.

Day by day he could feel small improvements being made, now he could sleep at night, and do some of the simple tasks, but there was still a lot for him to achieve. It was torture for him to find himself with only one arm working, so much of his freedom to do what he wanted had been snatched away.

"I'd much rather you ate what you wanted and took care of yourself Yoongi, the fans will understand that too. You've got plenty of time to diet and exercise when you're back to full health again."

"But now I have nothing to do, it's the time to do it. No one can see me, which means no one can make comments about me, and I can just do something. I can still walk around, maybe I just need to be a little more active whilst I'm at home."

You watched closely as he moved his free arm to wrap around your shoulders, pulling you a little closer into him. Every time you got too close to him, your body always tensed up a little, trying not to get too close and risk causing him any harm.

He sighed softly, allowing his eyes to close, "I was thinking about maybe doing a live later, and letting the fans know that I'm doing good. It'll be good to reassure all of their minds."

"I think it'll do a lot of good too to see how they're all doing."

If he weren't going to listen to you, you knew that he'd listen to the fans. Reading all their comments always gave him such a boost, and there was nothing more he needed right now than that. You quickly helped him clean up his desk a bit, as he sat back in frustration and watched.

"Let me do something," he whispered, as you picked up the screwed-up pieces of paper from around the table, "I've got one hand that can at least help you a bit."

"It'll be quicker if I just do it Yoongi, and then you can get on with things."

"I am capable though," he whispered, looking down into his lap. "Just because I have one arm that's out of action, I'm still able to pick up a piece of paper, you know that don't you?"

Your expression softened as you saw the hurt in his eyes, the guilt and the pain were quickly catching up to him, placing all the paper to one side.

"I know this is hard for you Yoongi, I can't imagine what you're feeling, but I'm only doing this to help you. You're capable, of course, but you're restricted these days," you reminded him.

"I just hate feeling so far away, everyone's having to work around me."

You walked over to him, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "The feeling won't last forever. And all the people working around you are doing it because they care and want you to get better."

"But you're the one who should be relying on me," he continued to mumble, "what sort of boyfriend does this make me when I'm the one who has to let you do everything?"

"The kind of boyfriend who will be able to look after me better when he has a healed shoulder."

You watched him closely as his eyes fluttered shut to try and stop himself from crying, his bottom lip quivered as he felt your hand wrap around his waist, kneeling down beside him.

It was hard on you to watch him be so hard on himself, you couldn't imagine how hard he was being on himself. Yoongi had always prided himself on being the perfect boyfriend, and now that he found himself not being able to help you, he didn't know what to do.

"It's so unfair on you to do this all for me," he sighed, tentatively opening his eyes back up, "you come home from work and then you have to care for me, even when I can't sleep at night."

"And I care for you because I love you and I want you to get better," you assured him, taking a hold of his hand. "As do all the fans, so just take a moment, and I'll help you set up your laptop."

Whilst Yoongi composed himself a little better, you helped him to set up his stream and rearrange him, so he sat in a more comfortable position. His eyes were a little red, but he didn't seem to mind, there were things a lot more obvious about him these days.

"Will you stay with me?" He asked you once you'd finished setting everything up. "You don't have to be on the camera, but can you just stay in the room with me?"

"If it's what you want me to do, of course," you smiled, making yourself comfortable just off the screen, sat down on the floor so that you were out of the way.

"Do you think they'll be pleased to see me?" He asked, hovering over the live button.

"If you could see how busy my social feeds are, you'll know the fans are desperate to hear from you. Just speak honestly, and things will be alright," you smiled.

"I just don't want them to be disappointed in me."

"No one will be disappointed, as soon as you go live, read the comments and you'll see. Everyone just wants you to get better Yoongi, especially me."

"Let's see, I'm going live now."

-----

A/N

Hope you guys like it!
A follow would be great! Thank you