He Surprises You At Your Graduation

"You look beautiful," were the last words Yoongi spoke as you hung up your call after showing him the dress, you'd picked out for your graduation ceremony.

As much as you knew he'd never be able to make it for your special moment, it was still gutting for you. You were desperate to involve him in as much as you could, sending him photos all morning as you prepared with your friends.

He was more than happy to receive all your messages and texts, but little did you know where he was receiving them from.

"What did she say?" Taehyung asked as the boys all left their hotel rooms. "I feel kind of guilty that she thinks we're still in Korea right now."

"She was just showing me her dress," Yoongi informed him, "I feel bad too, but I'm excited to see her face when she spots us in the crowd when she picks up her certificate."

He hurried the boys down to the car that was waiting for them, making sure they kept on schedule. He'd already spoken to a few of your friends to find out what your plans were so that he could work around them and make sure he kept the surprise.

All of them were surprised when they walked into the ceremony hall and saw how many people were present. None of the students had shown up, but there were many excitable family members sat around in anticipation.

"Look!" Jungkook's voice suddenly spoke, tapping Yoongi hard on the shoulder to get him to see.

He pointed across the hall as students began to file in, spotting you straight away. His smile grew as his eyes laid on you, despite already seeing how you'd dressed for the occasion but seeing you in person made it all the better.

"She looks so happy," he whispered, unable to take his eyes off you as you were instructed on where to sit, "and relieved that finally all her work is done."

If anyone knew how hard you worked, it was Yoongi, even if at times he was thousands of miles away from you. The missed calls and short texts were often as a result of the long hours you put into your studies to make sure you graduated with top marks.

As he sat down and watched you now, his mind went back to the moment you rang him to let him know you'd be graduating. He remembered letting go of the biggest sigh of relief knowing that all your hard work had paid off and at last you could live your life with a little less stress.

He sat back with the rest of the boys as students' names began to be read out. His hands were clammy with nerves, every time the first syllable of your name come up, he'd jump in his seat only to realise you were yet to step up.

"How much longer is it?" Jin whispered down the line to Yoongi, "I could really do with a trip to the toilet soon."

All the boys glared across at their elder, "stay there until all of this is done, I told you all to go to the toilet before we came in," Yoongi scolded in response.

With one member desperate for the toilet, two more who were hungry, one on the verge of tears, and two looking through their cameras, Yoongi was left by himself as he recognised a few of your friend's names begin to be read out.

He sat a little further forward in his seat as eventually your name came up, resisting the urge to jump up in his seat and cheer. If anything, he sunk further down to see if you'd try and spot him, but his plan was ruined when an excited Hobi let go of a shriek.

Straight away, your head turned around to see what had caused the noise, struggling to believe it as you noticed Hobi sat in the crowd with his arms in the air. You continued to look across the line of the boys until your eyes finally fell on Yoongi.

He moved back up in his seat, offering you a shy smile, encouraging you to continue as you accepted your certificate. He could hear the effects of Jungkook's camera beside him making sure that he got the perfect shot for the two of you to remember the occasion by.

It killed you having to ignore all of the boys and walk back to your seat as the rest of the ceremony played out, desperate to head over and see them and thank them all for coming. You'd prepared all day to call Yoongi when you got your certificate, but now you didn't have to.

As soon as the graduation was over you were pushing through the crowds to run to the boys, walking straight into Yoongi's open arms as Namjoon nudged him to let him know you were coming. Immediately, he engulfed you into a huge hug, squeezing you tightly. "I told you that I'd never miss your graduation."

You smiled up at him, "but how are you here? Where were you ringing me from earlier? I have so many questions."

"You're the graduate, you should be able to answer them," he teased, "how does it feel to finally have it all done?"

"Strange, it's not gone exactly as I imagined," you chuckled, hitting against his chest, "I can't believe that you're all here."

You looked around with a huge smile at all of the boys, with the exception of Jin who had quickly excused himself to race to the bathroom before the queues all got too big. Jungkook and Taehyung were both pushing for your attention as you looked between them to show off the photos, they'd taken of you.

"You have no idea how many times I nearly ruined the surprise," he told you, kissing against the top of your head, "it's been so hard to keep a secret from you."

"I'm impressed you managed to keep it a secret, you're normally rubbish with them."

"I'm not," he argued.

Your brows knitted together, "you can't keep anything a secret and you know it. You've basically ruined every one of your comebacks by telling me things."

Slowly his head nodded, it wasn't his fault, he just liked to talk to you about things, which was why this was so hard for him to keep. Wherever he was in the world he usually loved to send you pictures and videos, but being in your hometown, sending you anything would've sent the plan to pieces.

"I'm proud of you," his voice whispered, pulling you aside from the boys for a moment.

"You've told me that so many times," you joked, resting into his chest, "I'm proud of me too though now that all of this is over."

"You've worked so hard and you deserve a break, now you can go out and do whatever you want to do, with your degree you've got a world of opportunities. Wherever you decide to go with it, I'll always be supporting you."

You tilted up at him, softly kissing along his jaw, "I couldn't have got this far without your support, even if at times there has been thousands of miles between us."

"It's you that's done this, all by yourself. Your hard work really has paid off."