Announcing Your Relationship

You sat and waited patiently as you always did backstage hearing the raucous of the boys walk down the corridor as their interview came to an end. Their smiles were wide which quickly brought you some relief, feeling the sofa dip beside you.

Yoongi's wide smile was the first thing you saw, feeling his arms drape around your shoulders. "You seem happy," you giggled, allowing your head to rest against his shoulder, lacing your hand in with his.

"I don't have to pretend anymore; do you know how good it feels?" He whispered in response, tapping against the back of your hand.

"It feels weird though, it feels like we're still doing something wrong, even though we're not."

It had taken the two of you a long time to get to the moment you found yourselves in, to be able to be with each other in public and not have to lie. Three years of anyone's life would often feel lost in that time, but finally being able to be open about your relationship with Yoongi made all of it seem worth it.

The boys had all sat around on the other chairs around you, grabbing themselves drinks, smiling across at you both, knowing better than anyone else the struggles the two of you had faced.

"So, how did the interview go?" You finally asked, looking around at them all, sitting up and away from Yoongi so you could get a better view of his expression.

"Good," he hummed, "they asked about you, but we handled it well, so there's no need to worry."

Whilst it was easy for him to sit and tell you not to worry, he knew that would never stop you from doing so. Two weeks later you found yourself curled up on the sofa of your apartment waiting to watch the interview broadcast, with the boys already in America to continue with their promotions.

You were lost on your phone for much of the programme until you heard the boys be introduced, sitting through them answering the usual questions about the album, the fans, their interests, before your name was finally mentioned.

Your body stiffened, turning the volume up on the television as you heard the interviewer ask, "what's it like having a girlfriend when you're such a public figure."

Naturally all the boys turned to Yoongi who stared down at his hands that rested in his lap, "it's hard," he mumbled, slowly turning his eyes up to look at all the fans. "But it's definitely worth it, it's important for me to make the band and my relationship work."

"And they're super cute too!"

"We love having Y/N around."

You chuckled as Jungkook and Jimin chimed in defending you both, resting their hands against Yoongi's shoulders to encourage him.

"What took you so long to introduce your fans to Y/N though? There has to be something going on," the interviewer continued to push.

You could sense how uncomfortable it was all beginning to make Yoongi feel as he sunk down in his chair. When you'd spent so long denying everything and keeping quiet, suddenly having to be so open was a hard change to come by.

"I wanted to protect her, I wasn't going to risk moving too quickly and things falling apart. Three years might be a long time for some, but I wasn't prepared to risk it, Y/N means too much to me, but now feels like the time is right."

Luckily for you both the interview quickly diverted onto a new subject as Namjoon tried to pick back up on a few things they were working on for the album. The boys had always been the biggest fans of your relationship, and they weren't about to sit back and watch someone try and attack your relationship.

Once the broadcast was over, your phone was quick to vibrate, barely seeing who it was, you quick to answer.

"Did you watch?" His voice excitedly asked, "it's so funny watching myself talk about you so publicly."

"Of course, I watched," you hummed, "have you heard anything about the reaction? What do your fans think about it all?"

As important as your relationship was, you knew that he also valued the fan's opinion for it was them that had placed him into the fortunate position that he found himself and allowed him to find you.

"They seem to be happy, I don't want to check it too much, as much as their opinions matter, they also don't. Nothing they say is going to change my mind, especially when they know I've spent three years already happy with you."

You stretched yourself out across the sofa, letting go of a heavy sigh, "it weirdly feels like such a relief just to have it in the open, I thought I'd be terrified, but I'm not."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah, of course."

In the background of the call you could hear the frequent yells of the boys, whilst you couldn't quite decipher what was said, mentions of yours and Yoongi's names appeared several times. What followed was the sound of your phone pinging several times, whilst staying on your call, you were quick to look at the notification.

Your screen soon became flooded with photos of the two of you that the boys had seemingly taken over the years, accompanied with the caption, 'we've waited three years to share all of these, look how happy they are.'

"Have you seen?" Yoongi's voice questioned as he heard you gasp.

Your head nodded, taking a few moments before responding, "won't you guys get in trouble for all of this?"

"Why?" He nonchalantly asked. "We're not doing anything wrong; you're forgetting that they're aren't any rules anymore, we don't have to creep around anymore, we can be open and in love."

"Say that last bit again," you whispered, allowing your eyes to close.

"The bit about being open and in love?"

Hearing him say the words felt like a dream, you'd imagined how it would feel if one day the two of you could go public, but over time that possibility felt like it was slipping further and further away.

"It sounds pretty cool," you chuckled, "and the boys are incredible as well, I didn't even know they'd taken half of those photos."

Their small album was made up of candids that they'd taken when neither of you thought they were looking, but one thing was clear in all of them, that they were desperate to get across to the fans, the two of you were incredibly happy with each other.

"Apparently they've been saving them up for quite some time so when the fans knew about the two of us, they could defend us with cute photos."

"They really said that?"

"Of course," he laughed, rolling his eyes as the boys continued to run around the studio, only wishing you could see the chaos that had ensued. "You forget that this relationship isn't just the two of us, there are six other boys who would happily get involved in everything."

Your smile grew, staring around the empty apartment, it was hard to admit you just missed Yoongi when the boys also played such a huge role in your life.

"Hopefully, I'll be able to come and see you guys soon now that I actually can."

"I'll get something arranged, just leave it with me."

-----

A/N

Hope you guys like it!
A follow would be great! Thank you