"If you ever need help Hermione you could always ask me, I'll be happy to help." Noel said, returning back to her breakfast.

Later in the morning Noel made her way down to Hagrid's hut. She hadn't liked Care of Magical Creatures all that much last year. She wasn't a fan of the animals that Hagrid chose but she knew she would absolutely hate Divination. Harry had also talked highly of Hagrid so she gave him the benefit of a doubt.

When the lesson started Hagrid told them that they would be working with Blast Ended Skrewts. They looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads.

Noel inwardly groaned as every now and then, sparks would fly out of the end of a skrewt, and with a small phut, it would be propelled forward several inches.

"And why would we want to raise them?" Said a cold voice. Noel rolled her eyes as Malfoy made his way over and with his cronies. The other Slytherins not far behind.

Hagrid looked stumped at the question.

"I mean, what do they do?" asked Malfoy. "What is the point of them?"

Noel had to admit it was a pretty good question, the delivery could use a little work.

Hagrid ignored his inquiries and instructed them to pick one up and set to work. To work on what exactly? They had no idea because the skrewts didn't do much.

"Ouch!" Noel exclaimed, removing her hand from the box. One of them had burnt her. Hagrid was already with Dean who had also gotten burnt.

"Hagrid, it burnt me. I'm sorry but what is the point?" Noel said as Hagrid came over to her as well, she showed him her burnt hand.

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," said Malfoy sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"

"Hagrid, can I go to Madam Pomfrey please? It's really starting to hurt." Noel grimaced. Hagrid nodded his head anxiously, letting her leave early.

"Madam Pomfrey!" Noel yelled when she arrived. Poppy came in at her voice and tsked her tongue when she saw Noel clutching her hand.

"I got burnt with one of Hagrid's creatures." She pouted at the matron. Poppy huffed, taking a look at her hand. "Well it doesn't look infected, I'll have to put a salve and wrap it, nothing too serious." She told Noel, moving to get her supplies.

As Noel waited she heard the doors open, and heard rapid footsteps making their way over.

"Mr Potter? Did you get burnt as well?"

"Er— no. Is Noel here?"

"Yes, I was just grabbing the gauze for her hand, she's over there."

Harry made his way over, "How's your hand?" He asked her anxiously. "Not too bad, Poppy will fix it I'm sure." She shrugged.

"Hagrid's a bit..." Harry hesitated, not knowing if he can defend Hagrid's animal. Noel narrowed her eyes at his attempt.

Madam Pomfrey had come back, they both stayed silent as she got to work. Noel immediately felt relief in her burn, grateful that Madam Pomfrey knew what she was doing.

Harry grabbed her bag before she could take it. Noel looked at him through her eyelashes, but he wasn't looking at her. A faint blush covered his cheeks. They bid goodbye to Madam Pomfrey and went to lunch.

"I'm sure your hand will be fine."

Noel shrugged, taking her bag. "Probably. I don't fancy his class. Potions or charms is my specialty."