Chapter 6: A morning of different perspectives

Start from the beginning

A pink-haired figure is seen flying above the buildings with considerable speed...

[Haaah haaaah haaaaah!] (??) A small, winged individual jets within the city's roof, trying to put some distance at her pursuers.

She cannot fly higher than usual because her wings are badly damaged. Cuts, burns, and clippings got her wings the best. Despite all of these, she still persisted to escape from her doomed destiny. Her clothes tattered and made of rags now hid her former beauty and glory...

A pixie....as they call them, are very rare individuals. So rare that certain nobles who are amused of them wanted to imprison them for their own...so rare that you won't be able to see them even if you visit a forest, so rare that seeing one would make any greedy individual salivate due to the bounty offered for each. Some even thought of capturing them for their dust...which is highly prized for its levitative property.

[Nooo.....No, where is it!? That little bitch should be here somewhere! Find her!] (??) It's noticeable, her neck has a collar in it. That was the one dragging her down the most, for the weight alone of the collar is enough to bring a flying bird down. What more to a humanoid fairy?

[Yes!! We will get her back boss!!!] (??) She came to a stop and hid in the chimney of a house, smoke was coming out of it, but she was willing to risk her life just to be safe...for now. She heard the exchange of words from her pursuers.

Tears slowly flowed out of her eyes as she thinks of her homeland, her friends, and her family.....Just why did she leave the place she called home? Why was she so curious about the outside world?

[Mom.....dad.....ugh.....] (??) Heat immediately assailed her body as she squeezed into the opening, her pursuers have lost sight of her......however this was taxing to her mind and body. Her exhaustion, her low mana reserves, as well as hunger is now going to be her end.

It's better to be dead than to be alive but enslaved she thought as her consciousness blacked out, making her fall into the chimney...

================================================================================

In a nearby street, a certain red-haired duo is seen walking side by side with one another. One of them is a moderately tall woman with a nasty weapon strapped at her back.

[Rynia......] (??)

[What is it?] (Rynia) She's currently eating some skewers that both of them recently bought at the stall. Her mouth which was smeared with sauce was quite alluring for the men that looked at her face, but that was not the case at all.

[Don't you know how disturbing it is to walk around with a bloody weapon like that!!!!!!????] (??) He points at the weapon still dripping with blood that was strapped to her back.

[Huh? Seems fine to me...Nom] (Rynia)

[You crackhead woman! Do you even know what being delicate is!? Look! The people are looking at us weirdly!] (??) 

[Mom, that girl has blood all over her] (??)

[Shuush, don't point at people] (??)

[See?! That is what I am telling you!] (??) He complained

[Meh, don't care at all also you're too noisy. Here] (Rynia) Seemingly not wanting a piece of advice from her sibling, she then moved her gaze up to the roof of the building they were walking by the side...

[Uuuuppuuu!!!!! Mnnmnmnmnmghghgh!!! mngnhmgnhmgn!!!] (??) He can't even complain at her by voice for she stuffed his mouth with 3 skewers to shut him off.

[Out of the way!] (??) That was when 3 men suddenly bumped at their backs, causing him to almost fall except that she caught his arm.

Instead of moving her eyes to the roof, it was then focused on the men who rudely bumped into them.

[They seem to be in a hurry] (Rynia) Her eyes narrowed as she looked at the hurrying men who seems to be looking after something...or someone

[*Gulp*.......Seems suspicious?] (??) Finishing the skewers in his mouth, he then wiped them off with a handkerchief and looked in the same direction that she is also looking.

[More than suspicious, the man who was at the last was familiar. I saw his face on the wanted list] (Rynia) 

[Haaahhhhh....and here I thought we would have vacant time to rest, I guess it's time to work again] (??) Both of them then stalked their targets slowly and surely, like a pack of wolves....except that this pack only had two people in it.

================================================================================

Miruzo City...I wonder, where have I heard a similar name before? Not that it matters, for now, breakfast is what I am preparing. Not just for me, but for these fellows as well.

[Ummm...] (Rikka)

[This goes here and that goes there] 

[I still can't believe that this thing is getting hot, how?] (Nene)

[Neee big sis, look the bag is letting out steam! Wow!] (Tanya) Curious eyes and hands were going here and there around me, the two who did not voice their amusement were just watching from the sides.

MRE is the infamous Meal Ready to Eat ration given to soldiers which are colloquially termed by others Meal Rejected by Enemies. The one I got has the main dishes EGG SOUP, ITALIAN PASTA, and LASAGÑA. I decided that I can just go with the sideline food that came along with each package like soda crackers, the dry pound cake, or perhaps the jam packets. As I worked with each box, these girls' curiosity got them the best, and decided to snoop around.

Well...I can't blame them, these are something new to them after all. In this world, if I am correct according to the LN I have read, food that is eaten during travels should all be preserved in a dried condition. Fish, meat, spices all of those needs to be dry for traveling purposes otherwise your trip would be full of rotten smell. 

[You girls will have to share these three servings, but if you are still not full yet then eat these along with that] I handed each and every one of them some crackers and jam, as well as their hot food together with the plastic utensils that came along with it. They dug through and...

In short....they liked it.

[Ish delishuoz] (Tanya)

[Tanya, don't speak while eating, that is bad manners, but not to lie...this indeed tastes good] (Nene) They dug at the MRE and well...liked it. As for me, I have a separate opinion regarding it.

[Egg Soup? It's sticky, but I like it] (Rikka)

[Right? It has a mellow flavor, yet it is still delicious] (Ema)

[Can I have a taste of that saucy cake?] (Alurra)

[Is that so?] I looked at the rest, and they were just eating it with delight as they shared the three packets.....

I feel a bit guilty for feeding them that, I should have hunted something like a bird or a fish.

After the meal, I disposed of every trash into my INVENTORY and had the girls wipe themselves at a nearby river. I gave them a change of clothes that I found together with the stash of those bad guys from yesterday. 

Today is the day when our trip to Miruzo City will begin...but...

Am I actually forgetting about something important?

Weapon maintenance...check, breakfast...check.....yep. I think I did not forget about something important. 

My first goal is to safely return these girls back to their family, or so I thought it would be easier.