❈ BONUS || The Wanderer

(Timeline: Right After Y/N's passing, Scaramouche/Wanderer in Sumeru)

After recieving the news about the passing of Y/N.

Scaramouche... Well now The Wanderer couldn't help but feel sad.

While Y/N was still in bed rest, The Wanderer expected to atleast visit and see her once more before she died.

That was apparently not the case.

He was too late.

Now here he sat inside the Sanctuary of Surasthana holding the letter he just finished reading sent by Pantalone himself.

A lone single tear fell from his eye and rolled down his cheek.

He let out a scoff and didn't bother wiping it away.

One of his most trusted friend... Just passed.

Nothing changed.

"Hmm? Why are you crying?" A light soft voice ask infront of him.

Opening his eyes, he looked down and saw the Dendro Archon, Lesser Lord Kusanali. Also know as Nahida.

Sending her a tiny glare he looked away, "It's nothing."

Nahida smiled sadly before wiping away the tear she saw.

She can feel his sadness and pain, like he lost a family.

"Is it a friend?" Nahida asked, The Wanderer just gave a nod, still not looking at her.

"She was a close friend of mine, who reminded me of how I felt years ago... I gave her a new beginning in another region." He explained.

He started to remember the moments he had with his friend, the time he personally went to Liyue just to find a decent clothing for Y/N.

Helping her using different weapons.

Insulting her, one of his personal favorite moments.

Y/N still placed an important place in his life, who treated him as a real family.

"Tch. I'll be heading out." The Wanderer stated, before grabbing his hat and started walking towards the exit.

"Huh? Where are you going?" The Archon asked.

He looked back and said, "Nothing, just need some fresh air."

--

"Huh? Scaramo- Ehem! Wanderer, what are you doing here in Gandharva Ville?" Paimon asked when she saw the boy sat down near a cliff overlooking the small village.

The Wanderer didn't realized he stopped by in this place, he found silence in this area.

"Heh... Nothing. Just thinking." He answered a bit rudely before looking back at the view.

Aether and Paimon looked at each other before nodding.

Without hesitation the two sat down either side of the boy who jumped at their actions.

"What the hell are you two doing?!"

"Just shut up, and talk it out!" Paimon replied.

"Talk what out?!"

"Why you look so down, that's all." Aether answered back.

The Wanderer sighed in frustration before looking up at the sky.

"My friend just passed... I think you met her before." He honestly answered.

The blonde's eyes widen before asking, "What's her name?"

"Y/N."

Aether nodded remembering who exactly that person is. When he helped her finish off some Fatui and Treasure Hoarders that day.

"Y/N? Oh! That nice lady who snuck up on us to help her with a task!" Paimon answered.

The Wanderer raised an eyebrow, "Snuck up on you?"

Paimon told the story everything they have done together. Even the part where Osial almost destroyed the harbor.

"Yup, that is Y/N." The indigo haired boy laughed out.

Y/N... One of the only people that he respects.

As much as he hated Dottore, he has to thank him for atleast keeping Y/N alive and healthy alongside Pantalone.

The day ended and The Wanderer went to back to the Sanctuary of Surasthana, where he saw Nahida talking to a scribe.

He recognized him as Al Haitham.

They were discussing something about the sages that has been punished.

Moments later.

"What got you looking down?" Al Haitham asked the boy who stood at the pathway.

He shaked his head as a response.

The silver haired man sighed, "Come on."

Finally The Wanderer sighed and said, "I just lost a friend, there... Happy?"

He let out a short laugh, "I know you lost a friend, the Archon herself told me."

"And why is that?"

"She is someone I met not too long ago. While you were still in a coma, a lady from Snezhnaya visited Sumeru." He answered honestly.

His eyes widen at his answer and faced him.

"Why was she here?"

Al Haitham uncrossed his arms and faced him, "To see you. Well, find you."

The Wanderer looked down, "Why?"

"She told us that she wanted to see you before she leaves. But since you were still in a comatose in the care of the Archon, the information shall not be let out."

---

With the moon high. The Wanderer, formally know as The Balladeer and Scaramouche...

Cried quietly as he sat down at a thick branch of the big tree where the Sumeru City is placed.

"D-Damn it... She didn't forget me after all..."

"And even come to visit me..."

"Damn it..."