❈ 26 || Explanation

The atmosphere was tense

The moonlight shined the office.

Sat infront of the table is a have bruised Volkov. Behind him were two Fatuis.

Behind the table was Pantalone, who has a death grip on his pen.

After Capitano personally brought Volkov in the office of the Regrator and told him everything. He was furious.

Volkov was shaking from fear as he felt the dangerous aura of Pantalone, yet it can't be seen on his closed eye smile.

Now they both sat silently infront of each other, it's been almost half an hour of Pantalone just staring at him.

Volkov couldn't maintain the eye contact.

"So, tell me the reason." A simple statement from a Harbinger, yet you can't disobey an order that can be easily ignored.

Volkov gulped then raised his head, "I-I just want to help the Tsaritsa-"

"Did the Tsaritsa accepted your plan?"

"N-No... But I have my reasons!" Volkov defended, raising his voice in the process.

Pantalone simply stared at him, narrowing his eyes at the man.

He sighed, "I see, then I'm going to ask you again."

The Regrator stood up and walked around the table, signalled the two fatuis to leave.

Nodding their heads they left the tense atmosphere quickly.

Closing the door behind them the two fatuis sighed.

"We finally escaped hell!" They both cheered.

Meanwhile Pantalone stood directly behind
Volkov.

Suddenly the shivering man felt a hand at the back of his head before it slammed down on the table really hard.

Volkov yelled out in pain as the impact of the table hits his whole face spread.

"Your reason." Pantalone asked.