❆ 28 || Old Friend

1 Month Later

1 Month Later...

After weeks, Y/N officially went back from being an adventurer.

2 weeks after her recovery, she asked Pantalone if she could travel around Teyvat. More specifically Mondstadt.

Pantalone was unsure of this idea, mostly because of the health of the girl.

But Y/N insisted that she will be careful from now on and won't be fighting as much.

Pantalone couldn't resist the adorable look she gave, so he had to accept it either way.

Now here is Y/N at the region of freedom!

She saw Diluc from the distance and didn't hesitate and greet the old friend.

"Master Diluc!" She called out, the red haired man turned around hearing his name getting called. A small smile came to his face seeing his friend.

"Ms. Y/N, it's been a while. You look... Different." Diluc greeted back, and wondered why the girl looked like this.

The girl laughed nervously, she decided to tell it to her later.

Soon, the two walked around Springvale. Having a small chat of the past, they soon started sharing fighting tips to each other as they passed a couple of slimes.

Soon passed a fatui camp.

Diluc immediately got a hold of his claymore, ready to strike soon.

But Y/N made eye contact to the Cicin Mage and Fatui Agent.

"D-Diluc wait!" Y/N called out, before Diluc could strike and stood down. Staring at the girl confusingly.

Diluc said, "Why? Its the Fatui."

She nodded nervously before facing the two Fatuis.

"Get out of here, find another camp somewhere." She ordered, the Mage and Agent didn't hesitate and left immediately.

The red haired man stared at her at disbelief, with a sense of small betrayal.

"Y/N, what is the meaning of this. Are part of the Fatui as an undercover?" Diluc growled out, pointing his red claymore towards Y/N.

She raised her hands in surrender.

"Let me explain, and no. I'm not part of the fatui." She defended, it is true. She is well known in the fatui circle, but never once were part of it. Only to because her lover is there.

He scoffed, "Oh really, did you forget you just just ordered the two of them away and followed your command like they're are dogs."

Y/N cringed at the harshness of his voice, she frowned and looked up him.

"I'm not part of the Fatui. I'm just well known to them. Because my lover is a Harbinger, but never once I became like their dog. That certain Harbinger is my childhood bestfriend, who helped me to become an adventurer today." She answered with honesty laced to her voice.