17 || A Promise

"Before I start! I want to say, thank you so much for the amazing support of this fanfic! I reached 2.4k reads already which is big for me! And 100 Votes. AND NUMBER 3 ON THE GENSHINIMPACT TAG- ily all."
~Hell

"I have to go back in Snezhnaya soon." Pantalone sadly says as he held Y/N's hand while sitting at one of the tables in Wangshu Inn.

Y/N sighed at sadness mentally, knowing her time with her old friend will finish soon.

"So I was wondering..." He trailed of looking at Y/N at the eyes that he fell in loved with.

His eyes shining in hope, "Will you go back to Snezhnaya with me?"

The girl's eyes widen at the sudden offer, go back... Home?

She felt her heart flutter at the thought of going back home. But what about Liyue? Her hardwork, Yelan, the Qixing, Mr. Zhongli?

"You can talk and think about it don't worry! I'm not going to rush you or anything." Pantalone assured her.

He knew it is going to me really hard for her to just suddenly move out of Liyue which has been her home for months. But if he really wants to prove to her that he loves her, inviting her to Snezhnaya will be easier for him.

He is still the Harbinger by the end of the day, he still has work. Yet this time, he wants to spend time with Y/N and give her proper attention.

Just thinking about the past makes his chest tighten in guilt.

After thinking more Y/N gave him a small smile, "I'm willing to go back to Snezhnaya, but I still want to work here as Yelan's assistant."

Pantalone gave her a sad smile.

'I knew it, she will still choose this place over Snezhnaya-'

"But... I can do my final work here." She smiled brightly at him.

"W-What do you mean, darling?"

She smiled and stood up, he soon copied her actions and pulled her closer to him by holding both of her hands.

Giving his hand a squeeze she said, "The Qixing extended our work when it comes to the Chasm for another week. Go back to Snezhnaya, wait for 2 weeks, and I'm surely back home in winter land."

Pantalone's eyes widen at her idea, she is still willing to go home after all.

"But 2 weeks? Can't you make it one?" The Harbinger pouted.

Who knew a very scary, strict, good-looking Harbinger can pout. Mostly in front of his snowflake.

The girl laughed at his expression, placing her hands on his cheek she reassured him. "I promise. Just for two weeks, then I will allow you to court me more properly. Okay?"

The two both stared at each other's faces for awhile before the midnight black haired man pulled her hands away from his face before giving both of her palms a soft kiss.