PRISONER

The police had already surrounded the scene of the crime, when everything came there the corpse of the murdered woman had been tidied up. This is neat in the sense that it has been lifted from the lake and has also been placed on a cloth, so the authorities only need to look at the matter. It is likely that the confidant belonging to Mrs. Benedict took care of it. 

Far there by the lake, Maria as a suspect re-enacted the murder with the sheriff constantly watching. Right now, I'm just standing by the same pillar when I peeked at the incident, I'm waiting for my team and of course Justin. I told them to bring forensics for further examination, because there was one thing that made me suspicious. 

The pat on my shoulder made me turn to the man standing next to me. "You've been waiting for a long time?" the man said. 

"Not very, how are you doing?" 

"No better than yourself." 

I nodded my head; Justin ordered the team he was carrying to join the police force followed by forensics behind them. We were silent in the same position, with us also paying attention to the busyness that everyone was doing. 

"Have you taken care of the case takeover?" I tried to start the conversation back. 

"Yes, I've asked Alexa. That blonde girl, I asked her to talk to the sheriff before getting here." Well, I can saw that the girl was talking seriously with the sheriff. 

"Did you see it? On the surveillance camera?" he finally looked into my eyes. 

"Of course, you're okay? Your arm is injured." 

"This is okay, just a small injury." 

Now I saw one of the people from forensics calling us to get there, I seriously ran along. Either I feel that this is not an ordinary murder and a murder that happened for no reason. 

I held the photo given by the gloved man. I looked intently at the photos until my hands clenched into fists looking at the last photo, I stared at the person in front of me. And the same thing was done by the man and he then nodded, as if he knew what I was thinking. Without turning my head, I handed the photo to Justin and went to look at the body. 

I saw that there was really nothing unusual about this body, I knew that everything was clean, very beautiful if people were not meticulous so profoundly. If this is my guess is true, this murder was premeditated. 

"But sir, if it's true because of it? But my arm was pierced with the same knife.""No, it's not the same knife, take a look." 

I was surprised, it wasn't the same knife. I can even say it's a much smaller knife than the one Maria used to scratch my arm. 

"And this one knife is already beautifully pasted with the flower you saw." 

"But sir, I'll tell you the truth. I saw everything from the beginning of the incident, I feel like I can confirm that the woman didn't change the knife at all." 

"The pillar you made to peek at it was far from the location, Miss Collen. That's why there's a possibility that you're a few seconds behind, to see the killer stabbing this little knife. Because judging from the wounds on the body, this knife was just stabbed in the last second before everything happened or was actually accidentally stabbed at the end after the incident was over. So, it can be said that the knife used by the murderer to injure your arm is the first knife she used, so it is safe." 

"Does it need a follow-up sir? Autopsy?" 

"Actually, there is no need for an autopsy because just looking at the flowers, it can be ascertained that it will be difficult to see the cause of death, but it is most likely due to infection or a disorder in the heart system."